V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Apr 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #256 of 972
My favorite part of the FR of these is its emphasis on the sweet spot where kick drums are usually heard, so it's ideal for listening to music (for me electronic, etc.) while running, treadmill, etc. I think the cord is a good length, but keep in mind that the cord is detachable and any cord with two 1/8" male ends will work with it.

Apr 4, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #257 of 972

Please tell me are these cans bassy enough? What type of music is meant to be played in these ones?
How do you see them fit in gym activities? Won't cord be long enough or are there any other points I should take a look at?

-Yes.
-All types, but EDM especially (V-MODA was founded by a DJ).
-The CVO of V-MODA goes jogging in his.
-It comes with two cords if you order direct from V-MODA. SpeakEasy cable is 52 inches long (normal pack-in). Audio only is 69 inches long (freebie). 

Apr 4, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #258 of 972
-Yes.
-All types, but EDM especially (V-MODA was founded by a DJ).
-The CVO of V-MODA goes jogging in his.
-It comes with two cords if you order direct from V-MODA. SpeakEasy cable is 52 inches long (normal pack-in). Audio only is 69 inches long (freebie). 

Hate to be a grammer police, but CEO val kolton.

I agree it works for all types of music, but i dunno if i would say especially for electronic. Id say pop music more so, the m100 would be more suited for electronic id say.

I never got the freebie audio cable. :frowning2: whats the cable like??? I want one!! Lol i was gonna get an audio cable :frowning2:

Apr 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #259 of 972

I agree it works for all types of music, but i dunno if i would say especially for electronic. Id say pop music more so, the m100 would be more suited for electronic id say.

I never got the freebie audio cable.
frown.gif
whats the cable like??? I want one!! Lol i was gonna get an audio cable
frown.gif

No. It's CVO = Chief Visionary Officer.

And the free audio was automatically added to my order when I bought the XS. It didn't show up on my invoice, but it did show up on my friend's invoice.

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #260 of 972
No. It's CVO = Chief Visionary Officer.

And the free audio was automatically added to my order when I bought the XS. It didn't show up on my invoice, but it did show up on my friend's invoice.

Nothing showed up in my invoice... Still haven't received them though but if it isn't included I'll be really curious as to why some got it and some didn't. I placed the order the day they were released.

Apr 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #261 of 972

Actually, as CEO, Val has granted himself the title of "Chief Visionary Officer" -- so SpiderNhan was correct, grammatically and factually.

Also, it's spelled "grammar," officer.
wink.gif

EDIT: Beaten to it by SpiderNhan himself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #262 of 972
Haha touche gentlemen lol . But im still wondering wherea my audio cable!! I ordered it 10 mins since xs was annouced!! I heard others have it as well!! Waited a whole 6 days :frowning2: paid priority shipping too ($40)!!!

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #263 of 972
Email them. My first M-100 shipped without the V-Cork. They're pretty responsive about stuff like that. Include a picture of your invoice.

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #264 of 972
Got my XS in yesterday. Initial thought was dang these are tiny. Every one says that but when you hold them you'll understand. They sound great, maybe even amazing, and IMHO have plenty of bass, but I doubt I'll be keeping them. If on-ear is your thing then you'll love them. I listened to them for about an hour and went right back to my m-100. To me they just don't have that great fit that the m-100 have (which is to be expected from an on-ear I suppose). If you are stuck between buying the XS or m-100 to me it's very simple, get the m-100. The XS seems to be priced correctly, but the m-100 could easily be sold at $400.

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #266 of 972
Email them. My first M-100 shipped without the V-Cork. They're pretty responsive about stuff like that. Include a picture of your invoice.

Well i did take advantage of the extra shield. I got gold. What should i say??

" i heard other owners on headfi say they got an extra audio cable. But wheres mine?

:p is it odd for me to say a plain audio cable sounds better than with the speakeasy cable?

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #267 of 972
  I would love to try them out... Anyone knows if they are open in some stores ? (like the M100 at Brookstone)

Where do you live? Some people have seen them at Best Buy (Magnolia). There are a couple places you try them in NYC.

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #268 of 972
Well i did take advantage of the extra shield. I got gold. What should i say??

" i heard other owners on headfi say they got an extra audio cable. But wheres mine?

tongue.gif
is it odd for me to say a plain audio cable sounds better than with the speakeasy cable?

You could say that. You can see my purple audio only cable in my unboxing. It came inside the plastic bag the XS box was packed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back