V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Mar 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #196 of 972
Shameless plug...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=ATG20389927649&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=v-moda+XS

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #197 of 972
My matte black XS came today :D

First impressions:
1. These things are incredibly small! I can see how Val would want these to replace in-ears
2. Much more comfortable that the M-80's imo.
3. The clamping force is very minimal here, which can be a good or bad thing depending on the activity you're doing with the headphones on your head.

I want to get more use out of the XS before I comment on the sound but so far I'm enjoying it

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #198 of 972
But, you're comparing the XS to the M100. The XS is meant to be an on-the-move can, meaning the isolation is minimal. If the isolation was as good as the M100, you might get hit by a car on full volume. :)
I'm looking forward to getting my XS - they shipped today. Isolation may be a big thing for me, but a fix for this is to widen the pads so you get more space in them. You can do this with electrical wire (small wire, kind of like a macbook cable) and it'll widen the pads just that little bit more.

I walk around with ease with my m-100

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #199 of 972

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #201 of 972
Does anyone have a suggestion for upgrading the cable? I don't use an iPod, so I have no need for the remote.

I believe it's a regular stereo mini-jack connection?

V-MODA Audio Only Cable $12.00

Mar 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #202 of 972
Does anyone have a suggestion for upgrading the cable? I don't use an iPod, so I have no need for the remote.

I believe it's a regular stereo mini-jack connection?

If you order the XS from V-MODA directly you'll get free shields and an audio only cable.

Mar 30, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #203 of 972
If you order the XS from V-MODA directly you'll get free shields and an audio only cable.

Thanks that's a better answer than mine. mjakopa Just buy it now from V-MODA!

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #205 of 972
Found a way to use the CoilPro cable with the XS.
Get something like a LifeProof audio extender
(http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/connectors/lifeproof-general-use-headphone-adapter-for-ipad-ipod-case-us/)
and connect it to where the side of the cable which locks into the M100. There you go! CoilPro with XS!
I'm sure there's other audio extenders out there, I just use Lifeproof because I have their case.
V-MODA should release their own version of this to increase compatibility of the cable.
valkolton

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #206 of 972
(http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/connectors/lifeproof-general-use-headphone-adapter-for-ipad-ipod-case-us/)
and connect it to where the side of the cable which locks into the M100. There you go! CoilPro with XS!
I'm sure there's other audio extenders out there, I just use Lifeproof because I have their case.
V-MODA should release their own version of this to increase compatibility of the cable.
@valkolton

interesting i have that cable as well

just curious but why do you prefer the coil pro> say the normal audio cable? isn't it a lot of weight on one side?

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #207 of 972
Here are some size comparison pics.

Case, Galaxy Note, XS

XS, Galaxy Note, V-80

V-80 and XS headband shape

V-80/M-100 headband overlay, XS/M-100 headband overlay

And that "Gap" we're all supposed to "Mind" now.

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #210 of 972

[@=/u/38391/valkolton]@valkolton[/@]

interesting i have that cable as well

just curious but why do you prefer the coil pro> say the normal audio cable? isn't it a lot of weight on one side?

It is a lot of weight, but not too much.
It means you don't have to tuck the cable in. I don't need a remote since I have a Pebble watch.
The sound is also better from the CoilPro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back