V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
May 15, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #588 of 972
How trust worthy is Amazon, cos i'm considering in buying used M100's
extremely. I've never had anything go wrong with them. They are a middle man between the companies and you. Its like picking something off a shelf at WalMart, but you have it shipped to you.

May 15, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #590 of 972
So there is a very low chance of me ending up buying a used fake M100?
if you by some cruel fate end up with a fake one, just send it back and you get your money back to buy a different one from them... Either way, very trustworthy and awesome customer service.

May 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #592 of 972
LOL im back again iv'e gotten a chance to try the Sennheiser Momentums Over ear and I was wondering if the XS sound kinda similar to them because I actualy really enjoyed how the Momentums sounded how do the XS sound compared to them better or worse because if better I think I may end up getting the Xs haha. I found out now that clarity is better than bass :p

May 17, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #593 of 972
LOL im back again iv'e gotten a chance to try the Sennheiser Momentums Over ear and I was wondering if the XS sound kinda similar to them because I actualy really enjoyed how the Momentums sounded how do the XS sound compared to them better or worse because if better I think I may end up getting the Xs haha. I found out now that clarity is better than bass
tongue.gif

I initially bought the Momentums and ended up returning them.  They were good definitely, but I didn't feel like they were worth $300.  My feeling on their sound was that I loved the clarity and soundstage, but the bass didn't reach deep like the V-moda's do and the vocals seemed a little recessed for me (although it's supposed to be balanced, weird).

I then got the XS and adore it.  Cheaper, smaller case, fantastic mids.  The only pros for the Momentums in comparison are isolation and soundstage.

May 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #594 of 972
LOL im back again iv'e gotten a chance to try the Sennheiser Momentums Over ear and I was wondering if the XS sound kinda similar to them because I actualy really enjoyed how the Momentums sounded how do the XS sound compared to them better or worse because if better I think I may end up getting the Xs haha. I found out now that clarity is better than bass :p

I agree with joshnor and would like to add that the treble was 'slappy' and harsh (like cider) compared to the smoother v-moda xs (like single malt scotch).
I have learnt this by now. This does not and should not be your one and only headphone, but this is definitely one of the best ones to have because it checks most boxes- sound, portability, versatility and looks.

May 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #596 of 972
So the XS sounds better than the Momentums Over ear and has better bass?

thats very objective, i don't think anyone will say the xs sounds better than the momentum on ears. i didn't have a chance to a/b them side to side so my thoughts on the momentums are based on memory. i own the xs, listen to them everyday

not that the xs is bad or anything i think the momentums are more natural in their mids and clearer, the xs projects vocals infront of everything else. so up to you which you prefer. 

it does have a more expansive soundstage > the xs

the treble for both is a bit rolled off but very articulate on both id say the xs extends a bit more. both never get harsh but i find the momentums smoother sounding.

in terms of bass i actually find it almost a draw again. the momentums are bassier but a bit just a bit more loose> the xs but the bass is faster.

the xs i think is decently tight, a bit more in neutral. its a bit thumpy for me, and its not the fastest bass around. i would prefer a faster decay and tighter response

then again we're comparing an over the ear (momentums) to an on ear soo its really hard to do that

May 17, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #597 of 972
Not to mention momentums aren't made to be neutral...

May 17, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #599 of 972
Xs is cheaper, so xs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back