V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #289 of 394
Talk about a lifestyle changing product. I liked the look and sound so much that I shaved my head so that they become even more obvious and form fitting. The sound is truly in the fit. I love them so much that I haven't had the guts to remove the plastic cover on the ear cups for fear of scratching them. I feel bullet proof because of the Kevlar cables.
They are so portable that I don't need my IEMs anymore! They fit into a jacket pocket and actually take up less space than my winter hat. In the summer I will be using the carabiner to attach to my belt clip and I don't care what anyone thinks.

May 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #290 of 394
Talk about a lifestyle changing product. I liked the look and sound so much that I shaved my head so that they become even more obvious and form fitting. The sound is truly in the fit. I love them so much that I haven't had the guts to remove the plastic cover on the ear cups for fear of scratching them. I feel bullet proof because of the Kevlar cables.
They are so portable that I don't need my IEMs anymore! They fit into a jacket pocket and actually take up less space than my winter hat. In the summer I will be using the carabiner to attach to my belt clip and I don't care what anyone thinks.

This is classic!  Can we quote it?!

May 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #292 of 394
Anyone compared these to Phillips Citiscape Downtown? I like them for comfort/fit and their music seal isolation. Looking to upgrade to XS for size/portability and possibly better sound? Anyone has or had a chance to hear both that can contribute? Only saw one decent review for Downtown here.
Thanks everyone.

May 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #293 of 394
Anyone compared these to Phillips Citiscape Downtown? I like them for comfort/fit and their music seal isolation. Looking to upgrade to XS for size/portability and possibly better sound? Anyone has or had a chance to hear both that can contribute? Only saw one decent review for Downtown here.
Thanks everyone.

o.o wow I'm considering doing this exact upgrade..It would definitely help me too if someone compared them if even briefly..

Also, tyll reviewed the downtowns on innerfidelity
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-citiscape-downtown 

May 6, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #294 of 394
Thanks everyone.

LOL, that's my old review. 

o.o wow I'm considering doing this exact upgrade..It would definitely help me too if someone compared them if even briefly..

Also, tyll reviewed the downtowns on innerfidelity
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-citiscape-downtown 

It's been so long since I heard the Downtown, mine have since broken :/  So I can't do much unfortunately :frowning2: 

May 6, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #298 of 394
Wow! ..small world
Just curious how did they break?

Some cable issue inside the right housing. If I moved it to a proper location it would play. Eventually, even that connection got lost :/ I beleive my issue is an isolated incident.

May 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #299 of 394
Some cable issue inside the right housing. If I moved it to a proper location it would play. Eventually, even that connection got lost :/ I beleive my issue is an isolated incident.

Yeb, same issue with my uncle's pair. Might be isolated incident and just a co-incident. I like mine, just looking for something more portable. XS looks good though, just hoping the comfort is not compormised (spoiled by memory foams on Phillips).

May 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #300 of 394
Yeb, same issue with my uncle's pair. Might be isolated incident and just a co-incident. I like mine, just looking for something more portable. XS looks good though, just hoping the comfort is not compormised (spoiled by memory foams on Phillips).

OMG, the Philips were so comfy. Like having two clouds strapped to your ears. The XS are a little less soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back