V-Moda Vibratos or Future Sonic Atrios?
May 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #16 of 31
I don't think your going to find anyone that has both as Vmoda aren't a pair of IEM that many on here think of when looking for a set.  The only headphones from Vmoda that get really good reviews are the M-80 and Crossfade LP2.

May 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #17 of 31
@technokid: ok. I've never heard much about V-Moda's earbuds, just the overears. I really thought that the vibratos would be good. My train of thought was that, because they made the LP's, and the vibratos were the highest cost in their earbud sectoin, they would be good buds.

I guess I'm looking for someone with good knowledge of either the Vibratos and the LP's, or the Atrios and the LP's, who can tell me about how close both sets come to the soung quality and signature of the LP's.

May 5, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #18 of 31
Now the original LP aren't that great either, there like a better version of Beats.  The newer LP2's though sound pretty good, the mids and highs are better along with the bass thats toned down a little but still very present.  If your looking to spend around $100 the LP2's are going to run you around $200 so thoughs seem to be to high for you unless you want spend the 100 more.

As for the Atrio MG7, for around $100 they're very much worth it imo.  If you want an IEM with great bass and detailed mids and highs the MG7 is a excellent choice.  I can't stress it enough just how good the sub-bass is on them, its the only IEM where I feel the bass and not just hear it.  Its smooth and very well textured and still has good punch like for the 4/4 kicks in house and techno.  The mids and highs are also great with good detail.  Mids are lush with a touch of warmth and theres no bass bleed in them, as for the highs they to are smooth and never get harsh but they still have some sparkle to them.  Soundstage is average but very cohesive, I think its much better than some give it credit for.

If your wanting a IEM than I think the Atrio is a really great choice for $100 but if you want some cans you can find better a better pair than the LP1 imo.

Good luck on your search

May 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #19 of 31
alright... let's get it straight, I'm not looking for a new set of overears. I'm a basswhore, and I really couldn't be happier with the sound of the classic LP's. Now as for the atrios, I really get what you're saying. That's one of the features I like in the LP's, the ability to really feel the bass. But at the same time, I really want to hear someone from the other side, someone who has in depth experience with the Vibratos, before I make my final decision.

May 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #21 of 31
Thanks. Before I came here, the atrios weren't even an option. I just want to make sure I don't waste my money :p thanks for your input, I'll look more into the atrios for sure though.

May 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:
Thanks. Before I came here, the atrios weren't even an option. I just want to make sure I don't waste my money :p thanks for your input, I'll look more into the atrios for sure though.

Atrios certainly won't be a waste of money. As a bass lover, these should definitely be a part of your collection.

May 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:
Personally, I've found my Vibratos to be almost painful to listen to on certain genres, the sibilance is too harsh on my ears. However, if you're going to listen to music genres with very little vocals and heavy bass, I can see them be a good choice.

By Sibilance, do you mean there's a hiss? Or does this mean that they're too bass heavy?
Quote:
Well I can tell you the Atrio's sound great, they have amazing clean deep bass and very balanced mids and highs with good detail.  They're one of my favorite IEM's that I have just behind my new Rockit Sounds R-50.  Plus the $109 they go for shipped is a great price performance ratio, you can find the discount code in the Atrio MG7 thread.

Can you get me a link to that thread? I can't find it...

The only thing I'm afraid of with the Atrios is that they'll sound better than the LP's, which sounds like an unjust concern, but it's real for me since I dropped $170 on these phones no more than 24 weeks ago. I'm especially afraid of that 'Great Bass' Everyone's talking about to be even better than the LPs, which probably sounds stupid, but I don't have much experience with IEMs, so...

May 6, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

The only thing I'm afraid of with the Atrios is that they'll sound better than the LP's, which sounds like an unjust concern, but it's real for me since I dropped $170 on these phones no more than 24 weeks ago. I'm especially afraid of that 'Great Bass' Everyone's talking about to be even better than the LPs, which probably sounds stupid, but I don't have much experience with IEMs, so...

Your afraid that they'll sound better than the LP's and because you spent $170 on them you don't want an IEM that sounds better for only $100, ok I'm done now.

May 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Your afraid that they'll sound better than the LP's and because you spent $170 on them you don't want an IEM that sounds better for only $100, ok I'm done now.

I have no experience with IEMs, and I really don't want that 170 to be wasted, which I know sounds stupid, but whatever. I'm probably going to buy them when I get the chance, to be honest.

Basically, what I'm looking for are some IEMs that sound really good, but not as good as the overears, for whenever I'm on the go and would rather not bring the LPs. I'm definitely not looking for something to replace them completely, just something to use on the go, which may sound stupid, but yeah.

May 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:
I have no experience with IEMs, and I really don't want that 170 to be wasted, which I know sounds stupid, but whatever. I'm probably going to buy them when I get the chance, to be honest.

Basically, what I'm looking for are some IEMs that sound really good, but not as good as the overears, for whenever I'm on the go and would rather not bring the LPs. I'm definitely not looking for something to replace them completely, just something to use on the go, which may sound stupid, but yeah.

Don't worry about money lost. Just sell/trade the LPs. Use that money to buy an amp or a new player. Nothing is ever wasted as long as you're learning along the way.

May 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #28 of 31
I actually just remembered my favorite thing about the lps. I'm a huge cymbal hater, and with the very gently recessed treble of the LP's, it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

So here's my (probably) final question: how prevalent are the cymbals in the Atrios and in the Vibratos? I'm going to buy one or the other, and this is my deciding factor.

And in case I didn't make my bass preferences clear, the S4's don't have nearly enough bass. EX: Pendulum's Crush, in 256KBPs, the LP's have booming, rich, great bass, whereas the S4's you have to somewhat struggle to hear the very down low frequency.

May 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:
I actually just remembered my favorite thing about the lps. I'm a huge cymbal hater, and with the very gently recessed treble of the LP's, it doesn't bother me nearly as much.
So here's my (probably) final question: how prevalent are the cymbals in the Atrios and in the Vibratos? I'm going to buy one or the other, and this is my deciding factor.
And in case I didn't make my bass preferences clear, the S4's don't have nearly enough bass. EX: Pendulum's Crush, in 256KBPs, the LP's have booming, rich, great bass, whereas the S4's you have to somewhat struggle to hear the very down low frequency.

Try burning-in? There are people who claimed that burning-in helps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back