V-MODA Vibrato, are they any good?
Jul 5, 2013 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tommy1001

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I'm in the market for an IEM now since both my TF10 pro and Klipsch S4 broke
frown.gif

I'm considering the V-MODA Vibratos since they seem to be kinda appealing, but I've read things saying they aren't durable and stuff, so the thing is, are they good?
I like headphones with a warm sound signature with deep but non-overpowering and muddy bass (like beats, hate those) and also GOOD SOUNDSTAGE (important!) good and easy fit is a bonus
Thanks a million,
Tommy

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 5
That's an old model IEM and to be honest they are not that great sound wise (overly bassy to me.)  I have the Vibe and Vibe 2 which are the predecessors to the Vibratos.  Construction wise the Vibe 2 and Vibratos are very similar and they are solid.  In fact, since the casing is metal, it can be a bit on the heavy side.  You mentioned that you have the TF10, so I am pretty sure you will not be happy with the Vibratos' staging and high frequency respond.  I recommend you save up for the UE900 instead.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
That's an old model IEM and to be honest they are not that great sound wise (overly bassy to me.)  I have the Vibe and Vibe 2 which are the predecessors to the Vibratos.  Construction wise the Vibe 2 and Vibratos are very similar and they are solid.  In fact, since the casing is metal, it can be a bit on the heavy side.  You mentioned that you have the TF10, so I am pretty sure you will not be happy with the Vibratos' staging and high frequency respond.  I recommend you save up for the UE900 instead.

thx man, considering the ue900 and xba40

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
thx man, considering the ue900 and xba40

If you can afford it, then by all means go for the UE900, as it is a better package (hardcase, Comfy Foam Tips, and 2 braided cables) compare to even the W4R or SE535.  I think the XBA40 is all right, but there are a lot of other better choices at the $200 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back