V-Moda Vibes VS V-Moda Vibe Duo??
Jul 5, 2007 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Matty02

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with V-Moda's new Vibe Duo? I've only just found out about them but I can't for the life of me see any difference - Both physically and in the specs.

If anyone has tried them out I'd like to hear from you! I'm using the Vibes right now and I love them to bits. I'd happily buy the Vibe Duos if anyone thinks they have a different sound quality.

Cheers!

http://www.v-moda.com/collection/mod...ibe%20duo.aspx (Beware of V-Modas cruddy background music, you can turn it off at the bottom
wink.gif
)

Jul 5, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 10
Well I'm an idiot. Just read a few lines further down on that page and I saw the bit where it said "hands-free microphone". Duh.

Still, anyone tried these? Might be good for my mobile phone
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 10
There is a mic, but not yet a pick-up/hang-up switch. One of the rumor/review sites said a version with controls was coming eventually.

The Vibe Duo cords are fabric-sheathed and more flexible than the rubbery Vibe cords. I haven't compared microphonics head to head, but I suppose I should.

We have both in the house but I haven't yet compared sonics head to head. Right out of the box the Vibe Duo didn't sound as good to me, but that may well be the difference in source (iPhone vs. the Shuffle I usually play my Vibe through) and/or break-in, and not due to a difference in the drivers themselves.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 10
Just picked up the Vibe Duo's and I gotta say they are pretty damn amazing. This is my first real set of IEM's (never could get used to the whole sticking something in my ear thing) so I don't have much to judge them on, but compared to the stock iPhone buds (which really isn't much of a comparison) they are night and day better. I would like to test them head 2 head with my KSC75's but I haven't been able to locate the belkin headphone adapter for the iPhone yet. I will probably do a full review of the Vibe Duo's once I can compare them to some other phones.

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by cc2096 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is my first real set of IEM's

I got news for yuh. They're not IEM's they're canalphones. heh
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #8 of 10
Really cause when i put them in they got pretty far inside my ear...

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #9 of 10
You can push the Vibes in like true IEMs, but the sound quality doesn't improve like it does with IEMs, and it's more comfortable to me to let them kind of rest on the edge of the ear canal. Most people don't know/care about the difference between IEMs and canalphones and just use the terms interchangeably

Users who are viewing this thread

Back