V-moda VIBES VS. SHURE e2c
Feb 25, 2007 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Dr Livor Mortis

Head-Fier
I own a pair of e2c's but was curious about the VIBES.

Are they any better then the e2c's?

I keep reading reviews saying great things about them but have not seen a comparison against SHURE.

Can anyone compare the two? Or voice an opinion or preference on the matter?

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 19
Yeah, I'm not much of an IEM fan in general. I got my e2c's as a gift and use them only for portably (I don't love to carry my Grados around.)

I know how SHURE sounds, I'm more specifically looking for a comparison to the V-moda VIBES.

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 19
I personally like the v moda vibes over the shures e2c. I had the shures for like two days..they don't fit that comfortably as the vibes. Vibes are more stlyish and easier to use. The clarity is great in the vibes! if you get a pair, i'm sure you will like them
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 19
I dont listen to a ton of hardstuff but I love bands like Iron Maiden, Seven Dust, Atreyu, Bullet for my valentine, Killswitch Engage, etc....I think they all sounds awesome on my vibes. I dont have any problems with them being too bright, but I have used mine a lot and they are thoroughly burned in. I will admit that when I first used the vibes they were a bit harsh but after a few days of use they really cleared up and are some awesome phones! I think you will be impressed with thier clarity and "fun" sounds. I listen to them for hours a day with all types of music from rock, trance, techno, classical, classical rock, rap (anything but country!) and they sounds good with everything.

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #10 of 19
I would say this...

If you have a bass booster, you might want to get the Vibes. They have a fast-paced sound.

The Shures a a bit more "relaxed" sounding, and metal will sound kinda average on them.

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #11 of 19
If you do not have a good fit on the Vibes, possibly too small ear pieces, they can sound like they are too bright but if you go to a larger size the sizzle goes away, bass is solid and tuneful and mids are full and rich, which equates to a fairly flat frequency response. This is my experience anyway.

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #14 of 19
that is the main deciding factor. most people prefer the sound / stage of vibes but they do not isolate. if you're going to be just listening at home and quiet places (sans library) then get the vibes.

if you want isolation in public get the shures. you will hear some bone noise and so forth. you won't be dissapointed in the sound especially if you kramer mod them. they become a lot more clear treble comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back