V-Moda Vibe II?
Jan 12, 2010 at 7:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

unnddd

New Head-Fier
I just bought a pair off ebay for £35 inc shipping, or a little over $56 for those across the pond. I'm almost certain they're real, as the seller is very reputable and sells exclusively V-Moda products at outlet prices.

However, after reading reviews of the device I'm regretful of the decision. I can only justify it by the incredible price (at the cost of 10 months of warranty). But then I keep going back to very good reviews. There seems to be a vast variety in opinions about these headphones.

Anyone on here had experience with them? I need them to work as headphones with my iPod Touch.

Thanks,
unnddd

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #2 of 12
For $50 they're probably worth it if you like that thick, bassy sound. You could definitely do worse. Still not a very popular model around here.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $50 they're probably worth it if you like that thick, bassy sound. You could definitely do worse. Still not a very popular model around here.

So what would you recommend for something in the same price range, with an in-line mic?

Thanks,
unnddd

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by unnddd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what would you recommend for something in the same price range, with an in-line mic?

Thanks,
unnddd

Nuforce Ne-7m for sure. they're $50 or something like that, and praised around here.

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 12
So what's really so bad about the V-Moda Vibe IIs? Will I really do so much better by getting Ultimate Ears 5vis or Nuforce NE-7M?

Edit: I mostly listen to British Pop/Rock/Alternative if that helps. There's also an odd bit of Michael Jackson, Killers, and some other artists.

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 12
I reviewed them in the multi-thread in my sig. Like I said, they aren't bad, especially when amped. Just not that hard to do better for the asking price.

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reviewed them in the multi-thread in my sig. Like I said, they aren't bad, especially when amped. Just not that hard to do better for the asking price.

I have no intention of amping them, as I want to retain the microphone and button functionality. Right now though I'm looking at a used pair of S4i's on eBay. If I get them for under £30, I'll return my V-Moda Vibe II's at a loss of about £5 for postage as soon as I receive them.

Any other ideas though? I don't want to spend a UK price of more than £40 -- headphones seem to be considerably more expensive here than in the USA for the exact same thing.

Thanks,
unnddd

Jan 14, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #10 of 12
Yes, they're not very popular but at least give them a listen since you already have them. If you like them, who cares what everyone/anyone else says, it's your ears and only they can tell you if you're satisfied with your purchase. I used to have a pair and I did enjoy them for quite a while until I needed some money and I had a couple other headphones to listen to too so I sold them. Kind of regret it but it's past.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #12 of 12
x3 on the nuforce again. XD
devil01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back