V-Moda Vibe Duo [vs.] NuForce NE-7M
Jan 28, 2009 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ChrisDeeson

Head-Fier
I was searching for that in the Forum but didnt find anything about this comparision, so I hope this is no doublepost.

They really seem similiar to me in Design, Bass, Sound and the iPhone compability - from what I heard of.

Wich one is the better option?

The Vibe is double the money than the NuForce but is it "worth" it or is the Nuforce with its half the price even better?

Thank you guys!

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 18
I don't have either -- waiting on the NE-7M to arrive.

But, the V-Moda gets pretty bad reviews for durability and build quality, and sound quality is supposed to be very mediocre for the price. I can say without hesitation that I doubt a single person here would recommend the $80 V-Moda over the $50 NE-7M -- maybe 1 out of 100??

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 18
What specifically about the NE7's is better? From what I've read, the NE7's are also very bassy, and big on the low end. Can anyone provide some real details?

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 18
The V-Modas are good at a few things, and are pretty unreliable but have good customer service.

The NE7s have superior sound quality and are also pretty prone to build issues. I haven't had any experiences with their customer support.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #12 of 18
I think Vibe II and Remix are better and they has wide soundstage, overall shows great details in music with deep punchy bass.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 18
What about cable noise/microphonics? The Vibes seemed to have almost none, which is important to me (I walk a lot).

Another thing I am realizing is the sound I like. I like a full sound, good soundstage, but listen to a lot of guitar focused music, so the middle should not get lost. I think I want the middle to come to the forefront, while not losing the highs and lows.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #14 of 18
I haven't heard the V-Moda Vibe Duo but I believe it to be sonically identical for the most part to the V-Moda Vibe which I reviewed and found to be rather mediocre. It's not necessarily bad, but from what I've heard/read, the NE-7Ms are sonically superior, so I would go with those.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #15 of 18
So my birthday came, and I received the V-Moda Vibe Duo's as a present. The person who gave them to me said they were the best "earbuds" sold at Best Buy. Obviously there are a few issues with this. It is my own fault for not being specific enough when people asked what I wanted for my birthday. I just figured they'd give me a gift card, or cash. Anyway, rather than complain, I decided to give them a try. At first, I thought they were way too bassy. The bass was overpowering. I use an iPod Classic, so I was able to use the "Lounge" EQ setting, which helped. I also decided to burn them in. I let them play for probably close to 50 hours. When I put them back on, I was shocked. The sound had changed dramatically. The bass was reduced. I was even able to turn off the EQ, and it sounded fine. I still think it sounds better with the Lounge setting though. The sound may have also gotten more "distant". It sounds fine/good with the volume turned up pretty high, but at regular volumes, it's lacking a little.

I can return these if I choose, and hopefully they'll give me a gift card. I am not sure if I should keep them. I don't have a lot of reference points to go by. These will be my first decent IEM's. I was originally thinking I'd go with the NuForce NE7m's, but wasn't sure. I also heard the MEElec M9P/M11P's were good, as well as the Klipsch S4i's, and the Maximo iP-HS5's. And I was considering waiting for the new Etymotic mc3's that are supposed to come out soon.

I am very confused and could use some help. As you can probably tell, decision making is not my strongest quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back