V-Moda Remix Earbud Break-In Time? Also first impressions inside
May 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tripleh3lix

Head-Fier
Is there such a thing as a break in time? And if so how long do they take to break in?

I have another question after my impression.

First impression; 

I like these earbuds, they sound great. One complaint though is the noise isolation isn't nearly as good as my 20 dollar skullcandy ink'd headphones, but the bass is pretty superb with the large set of silicon eartips. Maybe it's just my ears, but the large set that actually makes the headphones sound amazing, but really hurt my ears and feel like suction cups to my eardrums. While that sounds pretty kick-ass, I feel blood rushing back to my ears after which definitely isn't good. Also, the sound isn't very even on less bass punchy songs, and it doesn't sound as clear as it would on an eminem/fort minor song. The bass is very boomy for rap/r&b songs which do sound fantastic and clearer than rock songs. The wire is Kevlar reinforced which makes a pretty strong wire and less tangles. Also the frequency response on these specs seem pretty worth it to get which is 5khz-24khz, but they dont seem that way to me, maybe it's just me but these seem a good 20 dollars more of quality then my ink'd earbuds, which to me is not worth it, but I got these for practically 20 bucks so i'm not really going to complain. 

However I did see a set of S4i's at the Apple store that a user on here recommended, would these be better suited for me for clearer and more even sound/bass? 

May 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 6
I haven't heard the V-Moda Remix earphones you have but if they're anything like the Vibes, you'll need to burn them in between 20 and 30 hours for them to open up. Just leave them plugged into an MP3 player over night a couple nights and throughout the day and you'll be alright.

May 26, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
haha that's what i'm doing atm theyve been playing for a good 4 hours now. and thanks for the advice. what do you mean by them opening up? like clarity wise?

Yeah, I'm pretty much referring to clarity and overall quality of the sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back