V-Moda M80 vs LP2
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

HeadphoneNoooob

New Head-Fier
Like the title says, I'm deciding between these two.

I'm looking for ...
1) Good isolation and comfortable
2) No overpowering sound (In case of miss understanding, I'm okay with a bass-heavy headphone, but I just don't want the bass to      cover up the whole mid and treble range.)

I listen to many genres, but I usually listen to K-Pop (which is usually focused on the mid-range), Pop, Dubstep, House, and
Hip-Hop/Rap.

Even though I added a poll, can you leave me a comment for the reason of your choice. Thank you so much 
redface.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Like the title says, I'm deciding between these two.

I'm looking for ...
1) Good isolation and comfortable
2) No overpowering sound (In case of miss understanding, I'm okay with a bass-heavy headphone, but I just don't want the bass to      cover up the whole mid and treble range.)

I listen to many genres, but I usually listen to K-Pop (which is usually focused on the mid-range), Pop, Dubstep, House, and
Hip-Hop/Rap.

Even though I added a poll, can you leave me a comment for the reason of your choice. Thank you so much 
redface.gif

Well you know that these are two different headphones. One is on ear (M80) and the other is over ear (LP2)
If you can do which ever, then I would probably suggest the M80s. I have seen reviews that say that the LP2 still has muddy bass, but the M80s are more detailed and have more of a punchy, and crisp bass sound that doesn't drown anything out. Good luck!

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
My only concern is that according to many reviews the M80 has isolation issues, and I'm planning on using these on a bus or a car. 

The isolation on the M80's is pretty good, at about 30% volume I can't hear a lot of things around me. I listen to K-pop too they are one of my favorite headphones for it, I find the bass is there and controlled not muddy at all, the midrange shines and has clarity. The highs are slightly rolled off but still have good detail.

(Note that I have not tried the LP2's so I have no say in them.)

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 10
Honestly I have to extend my LP2s to the max as well, but funny enough I dont have to extend my Noontecs all the way.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
I was reading through more reviews, and people said they are really tiny. My concern is that I have big head, and I don't want a headphone I have to extend the headband to maximum. 

Ouch. They probably aren't for you then. I don't want to recommend something and then have you break it. That would look bad on my part, but anyone else who also had recommended it. Hey, but you never know. Those headphones are quite durable.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #10 of 10
I've heard the LP2 since my friend owns a pair. Ionno, I didn't really like it. It felt very plain and boring. The bass was extended and had a lot of quantity but not QUALITY. There was no punch or crispness to the bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back