V-Moda M80 VS LP2
Jan 9, 2013 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Arcaneex

Head-Fier
Hey, I need some opinions about which one is the best ( sound wise )
I like bass, but not looking for bass that just "overrides" the highs.
I listen to Dubstep, Drum n bass and so on.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #2 of 11
Does the design of the headphone matter? At least for me, the choice between on-ear (M80) and around-ear (LP2) would be the most important factor.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 11
I much prefer over ear headphones, I've used on ear ones before and they just fell off and isolation was poor, but I've read reviews that say that the M-80 offer a good isolation together with a great sound and pressure ( so they won't fall off, sealed )

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 11
I don't feel confident giving my opinion on sound because I haven't heard the M80s. That being said, I listen to a lot of music similar to you on my LP2s, and they are fantastic. If you've tried on-ear headphones before and didn't like them, then there's not a great chance that the M80s will change your mind. Obviously it would be better to be able to try them out first, but for going in blind the LP2s seem to be the safer choice.

Oh, and one cool thing to add: listening to the LP2s through a speaker amp with the bass turned all the way up can literally shake your ears. Haven't tried them with headphone amps (or software EQ), but these headphones are capable of some serious bass. I prefer to have it more balanced, but it's a cool trick to show off to your friends. I don't have any issue with the rest of the frequencies, so don't be too concerned about bass overriding the highs. Just be aware that the ear cups are very shallow. It doesn't bother me, but it may be something for you to consider with the comfort.

So, good luck! Hopefully someone with more experience with the sound can add something about the M80s, but I have no problem in recommending the LP2s.

Side note: have you considered the M100s?

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 11
I am listening to the Shure SRH750DJ right now, and I really like the over-ear design against the on-ear, but I've heared that the M-80 are semi-closed..
Anyway. any other opinions? Thanks!

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 11
Hi I have the M80s and they do provide a nice seal with the memory foam pads. Comfort is ok, my ears do hurt after long sessions. There is a slight leakage with the M80s because of the small vents on shields but I found it's worth it with the extra sound stage that is provides. Overall they do isolate quite well.

With regards to the bass on the M80s they provide a nice punchy bass it's not overpowering. IMO I Do find that there is quite a bit mid bass though but I've only really noticed it since I purchased my HD650s.

Can't comment on the LP2 as I've never auditioned them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back