V-moda M80 or V80? Any difference
Dec 4, 2011 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

townlife

New Head-Fier
Hi there,
Just want to know is there any difference between M80s and V80s except the color? Do they sound the same? I found that V80s are $20 cheaper online.

Thanks

Dec 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 16

Quote:
Hi there,
Just want to know is there any difference between M80s and V80s except the color? Do they sound the same? I found that V80s are $20 cheaper online.

Thanks

They sound the same, the only difference is the color, packaging and size. The v80 is said to be a little smaller in cup size, but nothing solid to confirm it. They're most likely cheaper because of the branding. Usually branding makes things fly off shelves. Not this time.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 16
No difference. The V-80's are based off the vampire TV series True Blood. The M-80's are the same thing besides the TV show endorsement.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 16
Sweet. Are you going to get them?

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #8 of 16
I have both. There is the differences in the True Blood theme; but the V-80 package do no have the three button iPhone cord, nor the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. Maybe that is where the differences in price lies.

Dec 5, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #9 of 16

Quote:
I have both. There is the differences in the True Blood theme; but the V-80 package do no have the three button iPhone cord, nor the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. Maybe that is where the differences in price lies.

Sorry, this is off topic. But where did you get that absolutely stunning Audez'e wallpaper?

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 16
Wait! There is a difference. The 'M' of M-80 stands for Modiophile, as in for modern audiophiles. This is a terrible, made-up marketing term which taints all that is good; only a modern fool would go by such nomenclature.

The 'V' of V-80 stands for vampires, and there is currently nothing hipper than to be associated with vampires. The Twilight films have been a great big hit among the Head-Fi community, and I am super glad Mr. Voltron decided to honor our love of teen vampire love. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
Wait! There is a difference. The 'M' of M-80 stands for Modiophile, as in for modern audiophiles. This is a terrible, made-up marketing term which taints all that is good; only a modern fool would go by such nomenclature.

The 'V' of V-80 stands for vampires, and there is currently nothing hipper than to be associated with vampires. The Twilight films have been a great big hit among the Head-Fi community, and I am super glad Mr. Voltron decided to honor our love of teen vampire love. 

Haha. Ok.I don't think the V-80's are based off of the Twilight series, however.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
Sorry, this is off topic. But where did you get that absolutely stunning Audez'e wallpaper?

Thanks, but it is just a small crop from an Audeze ad image that was passed through the Photoshop neon filter.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back