V-Moda M80 or M100 for production/performance.
Apr 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shinysuitman

New Head-Fier
I'm a Toronto based DJ & Producer looking for a set of headphones from V-Moda, but the only question is, which ones? For the past three years I've spent most of my time DJing, but I've been producing more as of late. I have the V-Moda Crossfade LP2s that I use for DJing and sometimes for casual listening. Lately I've switched to the iPhone 5 standard earbuds, which aren't bad for my regular commute. 

I made a track the other day with my LP2s and it sounded great until I got back home to my monitors. I now realize that I need a decent set of headphones that can deliver a solid, unclouded mix. I really like my LP2s, so I'd like to stay with V-Moda, but I would consider the HD25 or TMA-1 if they can give me that too. My top two choices are the V-Moda M-100 over ear, and the M-80 on ear. With the most important things being mix clarity and comfort, which headphone would be the best choice for me?

If It helps, I produce mostly progressive trance and house. I normally connect straight to my MacBook, but if it's a longer trip, sometimes I'll bring my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface with me. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 2
If you want to mix and stuff, you should maybe consider getting something less bassy. Else, the m-100 should be the more balanced headphone of the 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back