V Moda M80 or LP2??
Oct 28, 2013 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Shorteh

New Head-Fier
Hey guys i have trouble choosing between there lp2 or the m80.. I listen to songs like adele, Katy perry, Miley Cyrus and k pop.. So what should I choose?

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 20
It's a choice between a balanced sounding on ear headphone or a bassy sounding over ear headphone. 

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 20
I've only owned the M80, fantastic headphone but only if you don't have a comfort issue with on ears, I had to sell mine due to that reason.

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 20
I own the m80 and its sub bass is not very satisfying to me. It's very tight and balanced but it doesn't have the slam or sub frequencies I desire without cracking the volume which leads to harshness in the mids and highs.  

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 20
Which would be better considering the songs that I listen to. And I don't think that my ears are that large but not sure about comfort as of yet.

Considering you're listening to pop, I don't think super boosted sub-bass is really at all necessary (let alone good). The superior mids and treble will pay off. As far as sound is concerned, the M80 is the better choice imo.

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #9 of 20
What about the m100? I didn't include them due to their price but amazon has them cheap now so yea are m100 a better choice or m80?

For pop/kpop the M100's will sound much more exciting, with a bigger and harder hitting bass response,  and if you have smaller ears, probably more comfortable. 

I personally preferred the M80's when I had both, but for Pop the M100's would be a better choice IMO.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #12 of 20
Ok thanks for the response I will think about it
smily_headphones1.gif

No problem, V-moda also sells larger ear pads for the M100's if they don't fit you correctly.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #14 of 20
I own them all I rank them M80-M100-LP/LP2

M100 are pretty bass heavy, sadly there is no sparkle to the sound. They sound dry and mid range is pretty pulled in to the point it sounds like it's coming through a tunnel. I would probably go with the M80, it's more versatile and has more detail with it's lovely mid range. it's fun yet balanced and it's better value. They are a completely different headphone instead of flaws. being an upgrade it's more like a side-grade but for me the M100 has to many flaws. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #15 of 20
  I've only owned the M80, fantastic headphone but only if you don't have a comfort issue with on ears, I had to sell mine due to that reason.

Exactly the same problem here.

The soundstand and bass on the M80 were very nice. One of the finest supraaurals I have had the pleasure to listen to, and they can be found very cheap right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back