v-moda m100
Feb 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

shove13

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, im new to the forum, and really starting to get into headphones. I recently purchased the V-Moda M100's. Itried the m-80s first, but decided to I wanted over the ear. The M100's are really amazing. My question is this; although everything is very crisp and clear, why do I still bear a slight hiss in the background? Some songs are more noticeable than others.... hope you can belp me out.. thanks everyone

Feb 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 41
Hey everyone, im new to the forum, and really starting to get into headphones. I recently purchased the V-Moda M100's. Itried the m-80s first, but decided to I wanted over the ear. The M100's are really amazing. My question is this; although everything is very crisp and clear, why do I still bear a slight hiss in the background? Some songs are more noticeable than others.... hope you can belp me out.. thanks everyone

Describe your setup please as that will tell us more.  Here's an example:

Computer -> USB cable -> external DAC or Sound Card -> <cable used to go to amp> -> Amp -> M100s

My initial guess is that it's the cable from your DAC to the amp but I can tell you for sure once you explain your setup :)

Feb 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 41
I have my m-100's going straight into my I-phone 5s, using the cable from V-Moda. No amp

Are you sure the cable is in all the way on the iPhone 5s?  If so then I'm not sure given your M100 is the brand new.

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 41
Yea, I have the cables in all the way. It's in the middle of some songs, when the music stops for a second. It's faint, but it's there.
I really hope V-Moda didn't send me used headphones, that would be upsetting.
Would you suggest an external amp and/or DAC setup? I really want the best sound I can (for a moderately inexpensive setup)

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #14 of 41
Thanks everyone, my next question is how do I get better audio quality? I need portability, so is an ipod better than an iphone? How about an external amp setup?

Usually people will either buy songs in better bitrates or just buy cds and make their own higher quality files

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #15 of 41
Thanks everyone, my next question is how do I get better audio quality? I need portability, so is an ipod better than an iphone? How about an external amp setup?

Spotify bruh. Worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back