v moda m100 vs audio technica m50x?
May 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AwkwardMusic

New Head-Fier
So i am looking into buying new headphones and i was wondering which one i should get. I mainly like electronic music and things similar to that genre. I would like the headphones to have a decent amount of bass.Right now i am leaning more toward the M50's mainly for looks but i would like some advice on it. As for the other things i am looking for here are some of the things i would like to have:
1) I would like them to be comfortable. I usually wear headphones for 2/3 hours and up
2) I would like them to be clear in the mid to high range
3) I would like the bass to be decent.
4)Also i would like them to be durable.

Thanks for all the advice!

May 5, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, everyone's sense of what is a "decent amount of bass" is different. The M100s have more bass emphasis than the M50x, but who knows which you would like better in that regard.

Have you listened to any headphones that have the amount of bass you like? Any that don't? If you can provide a few frames of reference, that would help people to make a recommendation.

Also, bass emphasis is always at he expense of some other frequencies being deemphasized, often the mids.

Comfort tends to be a very personal thing since we all have different sized and shaped heads and ears. The best you could do is maybe read some major impressions/owners threads and lots of reviews for each headphones and see if you could get a general consensus (google a make and model with "head-fi" as a keyword), although it might not apply to your head :)

May 5, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 5
I've had the m50x for awhile now. Never tried the m100 unfortunately.
Honestly I find the m50x to be fairly neutral. That's actually my only complaint about them, as I like punchy bass. They do resond well to equalizing though if you want the bass to slam harder :)
As far as comfort goes I'd say they're just OK. The ear pads flatten out after awhile and can cause some discomfort for longer listening periods.

May 5, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 5
  So i am looking into buying new headphones and i was wondering which one i should get. I mainly like electronic music and things similar to that genre. I would like the headphones to have a decent amount of bass.Right now i am leaning more toward the M50's mainly for looks but i would like some advice on it. As for the other things i am looking for here are some of the things i would like to have:
1) I would like them to be comfortable. I usually wear headphones for 2/3 hours and up
4)Also i would like them to be durable.

Thanks for all the advice!

I've only listened to the ATH-M50X for a few minutes and never listened to the V-Moda M-100.
With the ATH-M50X your getting more of a loud bass and recessed mids.
I think as you upscale from the M50Xs, to higher priced headphones, you can get a more of a quality bass and more out of the mids. which I'm guessing(?) is what the M-100 will offer.

May 6, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 5

Depending on what you consider decent bass this is where it gets troublesome because you can't have both in this pricerange. If you're looking for basshead cans you won't get clear mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back