V-Moda M100 Question
Sep 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mr Pineappleman

New Head-Fier
Well I got my M100 two days ago, and they are absolutely gorgeous. The only concern I have is the reason I bought the headphone was because I'm a huge EDM fan and bass head, hoping to get some really good beats from it. Being a beginner, I don't really know how long it takes for headphones to burn in. The amount of hours played would be over 24 hours, and I'm not satisfied. My Astro A50's sound extremely better with bass. It's brain melting and very punchy, making me very disappointed when I listen to the M100's. I have one or two songs that sound decent when is comes to bass, but 60+ songs I have sound flat compared to the giant bass sound the Astros give me. Am I being impatient? Will the bass quality get better over time? If it doesn't, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to refund the M100's and get something to satisfy my needs. I'm praying that I'm just being impatient and that the full burn in hasn't happened. They are really good looking headphones and I'd hate to refund them. Thanks!

Picture of them conquering the horrid purchase of the Beats Studio

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 7
Have you tried Equing them?

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #3 of 7
you need to give them alot longer than 24 hours...give us your impression after 200 hours,leave them playing over night a few evenings and then try again

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 7
  you need to give them alot longer than 24 hours...give us your impression after 200 hours,leave them playing over night a few evenings and then try again

Well the M-100 doesn't really need this kind of burn-in.  I think the OP is seriously a bass head and there is no helping the M-100 other than getting a bass booster amp for him.

Sep 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 7
  Well the M-100 doesn't really need this kind of burn-in.  I think the OP is seriously a bass head and there is no helping the M-100 other than getting a bass booster amp for him.

Agreed. M-100 sound doesn't change with burn-in. I've had experience with 2 pairs and both sound pretty much the same out of the box as they do now. Maybe the Crossfade LP will be more to the OP's taste.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 7
Man, this is such a shame. Waited months to save up only for disappointment. I'm going to try my luck one more time and get a Digizoid zo2. If I'm still disappointed, I might as well just refund them and go for the Ultrasone Pro 900 or something. Thanks guys.

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 7
  Man, this is such a shame. Waited months to save up only for disappointment. I'm going to try my luck one more time and get a Digizoid zo2. If I'm still disappointed, I might as well just refund them and go for the Ultrasone Pro 900 or something. Thanks guys.

Let us know how you go, the zo2 should help. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back