V-Moda M-80/M-100 Noise Leakage?
Apr 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Upatree502

New Head-Fier
I've looked up countless reviews on these two and i think I've finally decided that I'm going to get the M-80's. But my question is what is the noise leakage on these things like? I was in the store the other day when I found a pair of M-80's on display and tested them out and my friend said she could hear the music even when the headphones were on my head. Could this have been because I was at an awkward angle and they might not have been on my head fully or do these leak noise very easily?

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
They are semi open. They will leak depending on how loud you listen to your music.

That's a pretty vague answer since you can say the same thing for any headphone...

To the original poster, it might have been the angle, yes. I own the M-100 and when I turn-up my volume in a quiet room to a level at which I would listen to on a bus, the leakage is very minimal.

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
That's a pretty vague answer since you can say the same thing for any headphone...

To the original poster, it might have been the angle, yes. I own the M-100 and when I turn-up my volume in a quiet room to a level at which I would listen to on a bus, the leakage is very minimal.

That's vague as well, as listening volume varies from person to person.

The point is, it's going to depend on how loud he listens to his music, but at the same volume as a closed portable of the same type...say the HD25s, the M-80s/100s will leak more.

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

That's vague as well, as listening volume varies from person to person.

The point is, it's going to depend on how loud he listens to his music, but at the same volume as a closed portable of the same type...say the HD25s, the M-80s/100s will leak more.

True true.

Okay to be more specific, ~40% volume level on an iPhone 4S with modern pop music is what I consider the volume level I would listen to on a bus. With that volume level in a quiet environment, the noise leakage is pretty minimal given a good seal around my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back