V-Moda M-80 Help required wrt Serial Numbers
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jayp266

Head-Fier
Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently sold a V-Moda M-80 which was purchased off Amazon and the buyer is coming back to me saying that the headphones i sold them did not have a serial number on the headphones, box or manual so is concerned that it is a fake pair.

I bought these headphones off Amazon from a reputable third party seller HeadFiGear which is fulfilled by Amazon, so i am wondering if anyone can tell me where the serial number is on the headphones/box/manual? As i don't recall seeing one.

I also didn't think there were any fakes of the M-80's out there. I am 99% sure the pair i had were not fakes as they sound too good to be fakes and the build quality is immaculate.

Can anyone advise me on what to do next?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 10
Hello. Thanks for your response. Yes it was hifiheadgear. I saw that link and forwarded it on to the guy. I have checked the forum and looks like no one has spotted a fake m80 yet. Do the real ones have serial numbers? And where would it be?

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 10
How to tell if a V-Moda is fake:

http://v-moda.com/fugazi/

Can you post exactly what seller you used to purchase your headphones?

Hello. Thanks for your response. Yes it was hifiheadgear. I saw that link and forwarded it on to the guy. I have checked the forum and looks like no one has spotted a fake m80 yet. Do the real ones have serial numbers? And where would it be?

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #8 of 10
Ugh; I just placed an M-80 order from Amazon last night, but they were out of stick, so I purchased a "fulfilled by Amazon" pair. Guess I need to cancel?

I don't think you need to do that. It seems as though serial numbers were introduced April 2012 after some googling. Vmoda told me that there have been no fake m80s so far. And mine was verified as genuine after sending them photos of it.

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 10
Okay, thanks. A little frustrated because I feel Amazon needs to clarify that "fulfilled by" means the seller has provided stock for Amazon to ship out. The woman with whom I dud the e-chat said they don't have fakes. Um, yes, you apparently do. In any case, the arrive Saturday. $159; hope I did okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back