V-MODA m-80 coating falling off?
Mar 21, 2013 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

djenkov

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So, recently I purchased m-80s directly from amazon.co.uk. I received them yesterday, but today I noticed that some of the silver coating on the metal is falling off. Its barely visible but I can see the copper color beneath the coating.
That's not a problem for me, but aren't these supposed to be made out of steel? Or am I mistaken?
On the manual there is a link for checking if the headphones are fake ( http://v-moda.com/r  ), but I get this message:
"Make sure your headphones are authentic.  No Fugazi system coming soon."

So, in a nutshell my question is:
Is it normal for the metal of these headphones to be in copper-ish color?

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Please post a few images of the headphones you have so that we can help you determine whether they are fakes or not.
It's hard to tell without images.
Sound is usually the best key though.

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 6
Sure, my camera is not all that good so sorry about that..
The first image is the one with the coating falling off. Its a lot smaller than it looks.

Can't show you the case, because I am in the office right now, but I did check the v-moda no fugazi link and everything seemed to be in order ( I don't find these checking methods helpful though, because the guys who make fake headphones can get better).

Mar 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 6
It looks like rust or something that is actually on the metal.  Have you tried rubbing alcohol to clean it off?  Are you sure it is a chip?  I can definitely see the manufacturer letting these through Quality Control because the blemish really does not affect the sound and it is quite small.

How do they sound?  Do you have something else to compare them to for us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back