V moda M 100 for Rock/Metal ?
Dec 12, 2014 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Alex--o

Head-Fier
Hello,

I am fixed on buying a pair of V moda cans. I would like to get the M 100 because of it's over ear design. However, I have read that the M 100 is only good for Electronic and not the Rock and Metal that I usually listen to because of it's focus on bass. I am not very experienced when it comes to audio, but I can tell the difference in sound quality between a Beats Studio and an ATH M50.

Will I notice the Bass emphasis and will it realy effect my listening experience? If it does, would the XS be a better option?

(I am not able to try out the headphones)

Thanks for your help!

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 5
You will love the V-Modas. I got a pair two weeks ago. I listen to progressive rock mostly. I read the reviews that talked about the recessed mids - not to my ears. I also have the Senn. Momentum over ears, and for nor, I like the V-Modas better; they are built better, more comfortable, the the bass has more depth and realism.

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 5
My brother owns the V-Modas so I have tried them out a decent amount. I don't listen to progressive metal, but I listen to rock and other various varieties of metal and I find them to be suitable. Although, I prefer my ATH WS99's to the V-Modas. I feel they have slightly more bass and a bit more detail in it as well. They also sound a bit more clear with better sound separation, where the V-Modas can sound congested at times.

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 5
My brother owns the V-Modas so I have tried them out a decent amount. I don't listen to progressive metal, but I listen to rock and other various varieties of metal and I find them to be suitable. Although, I prefer my ATH WS99's to the V-Modas. I feel they have slightly more bass and a bit more detail in it as well. They also sound a bit more clear with better sound separation, where the V-Modas can sound congested at times.

You will love the V-Modas. I got a pair two weeks ago. I listen to progressive rock mostly. I read the reviews that talked about the recessed mids - not to my ears. I also have the Senn. Momentum over ears, and for nor, I like the V-Modas better; they are built better, more comfortable, the the bass has more depth and realism.

Thanks for your help guys. I will probably buy the M 100 but I will look at the Ath ws99.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back