V-Moda LP2 vs M-100??
Oct 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #16 of 23
The deal fell through on 2nd pair of LP2s because the seller changed his mind about shipping to Canada. I just scored another set of Mtn Dew Baja Blast edition for $130 US plus shipping and those darn import fees.  My kids will love their new headphones for Christmas.  Now what to buy for myself?? 

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #17 of 23
After much debating, I bought the M-80s for myself last night.  The Christmas tree will have 2 sets of LP2s and an M-80 underneath it
happy_face1.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #18 of 23
Hi, nice purchase for your children and yourself. I'm also thinking about v-moda LP2 but can you tell me how these LP2 sounds overall and what source you use to power them? People say they are too bassy, are they? Build quality also look good but you know better as you have them. have you tried other brands too to compare them. thank you

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #19 of 23
I'm far from an expert and I don't have many headphones to compare the V-Modas to.  I'm very impressed with the build quality of the LP2s.  They feel like they will stand up to the abuse my kids will put them through.  I used a set today to make sure they worked ok.  I had them hooked up to an iPod Touch and was impressed with the sound, not too bassy for me.  I tried some bass heavy music and they handled it very well at higher volumes.  Like I said, not much to compare them to and no expert but I'm very happy with the purchase. 

I also own a pair of Bose QC15s I use often for air travel and my daughter has Beats Solos.  I would say the V-Modas fit in the middle as far as comfort goes (Bose winning of course).  I did find my ears got a bit hot with the LP2s compared to my QC15s but nothing major. 

I bought the M-80s as an every day headphone that I don't need to use batteries with (like the QC15s) and I'm looking forward to receiving them in the mail. 

V-Moda is head and shoulders above any Beats headphone my kids wanted.  I know they will love them at Christmas time.  Hope that answered your questions.  I know other members on here have much more experience and knowledge so hopefully they will chime in.  Feel free to ask me anything else though.  Cheers.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #21 of 23
2 other headphones that really interested me were the Sennheiser Momentum and Bower & Wilkins P7. I only demoed them at Best Buy but really liked them both a lot from my short demo. The nod went to the P7s for comfort and sound. I preferred them to V-Moda but the price was well over double what I paid. That's pretty much the extent of what I've tried besides the full Beats, Monster, and Bose lineups at airport stores.

Oct 18, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #22 of 23
I don't live in the US but my sister coming from US in couple of weeks. before I get used to this forum I bought Beats studio wireless titanium for $175 from Ebay (only headphones) it's 100% authentic I know that and lightly used (looks almost new). if I don't like them i'll sell it and buy V-Moda LP2 or something else. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back