V-moda LP2 vs ATH M50
Apr 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
I say the Q40s and Bass heavy but the Dt770 has a better overall sound and quality 

It's a matter of personal preference, I find Q40 better sounding personally and I didn't like DT770 very much personally but I still think it's a good sounding headphone but it doesn't have the sound I personally enjoy. For me it's too V-shaped frequency balance, making it sound a little thin/hollow to me, it's exceptionally clear but it lacks the "meat"/fulliness from forward midrange that is an attribute that's very important to me. I also found it's not always the most engaging headphone to listen to either due to the rather "laid-back" presentation, it's bright yea but the recessed midrange makes the vocals etc sound quite distance but at the same time providing a big stage, to me it's a bit too "distant" sounding overall. I also found the sub-bass and mid-bass balance to be severely off, I prefer about equal amount of both while on DT770 it felt like we're speaking of roughly 70% subbass an 30% midbass focus, Q40 is pretty much 50/50.

The Q40 to my ears is better balanced, boosted bass which is punchier than DT770's bass which is more sub-bass skewed lacking slight impact to it for my taste with neutral mids and highs while DT770 has like recessed mids and slightly emphasized highs in comparision but I personally dislike V-shape sound signatures, I prefer mids being more pronounced than vice versa. Where DT770 wins is in terms of soundstage size but Q40 isn't exactly bad if you either switch the pads to Beyer DT770 pads or just mod the stock ones so they become deeper as the stock pads are so flat it's impossible to get any good soundstage if the driver is lying next to your ear.

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
If you don't mind on-ear instead of over-ear you should definitely check out V-Moda Crossfade M80. They are MUCH better than the LP or LP2.

M80 doesn't have more bass than M50 though AFAIK, it should be roughly similar but yea it's a lot better sounding headphone than LP2 at least.

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #21 of 22
Hey RPG Wizard. How is the bass on the Ultrasone Dj1 Pro and is it better than the Lp2s? I've heard that its a good overall headphone for a lot of different genres, which i like by the way, but will it still give me a thumping bass as well?

[size=140%]  [/size]

[size=80%]  [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back