V-Moda LP2 Review
Apr 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #121 of 142
Anyone can post the difference about the LP2 and LP?

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #122 of 142
remind me to get the response curves up!!!

May 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #124 of 142
Is there any difference between Crossfade LP2 and Crossfade LP?
Yes. The Crossfade LP2 offers:
  1. Fine tuned sound signature based off the critically acclaimed Crossfade LP
  2. Minimalist design with virtually no V-MODA branding so you can endorse yourself™, should you choose
  3. Customizable Gunmetal Shield Kit
  4. 2-Year V-MODA Premier Warranty

FROM THE WEBSITE

May 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #126 of 142
Hey guys, sorry I've been lurking for quite a long time. Life hit me hard, but the summer is here!

I've updated the end of the original post with my current impressions of the LP2, seeing as I've owned them for roughly 6 months.

May 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #127 of 142
Quote:
Hey guys, sorry I've been lurking for quite a long time. Life hit me hard, but the summer is here!

I've updated the end of the original post with my current impressions of the LP2, seeing as I've owned them for roughly 6 months.

Great review and info, glad you are happy even after 6 months and for life hopefully - that is our #1 goal!

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #128 of 142
Can anyone here provide pics/dimensions on the inside of the LP or LP2?

I'm wondering if I'd be able to fit a Fostex T50rp driver in there... 

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #129 of 142
Hi all,

This is my first post on Head-Fi.

There's no brick and mortar shop with the demo unit of the LP2 so I just took the plunge and bought one pair after reading the reviews here. It's meant to be an upgrade for my AKG Q460.

The size of the LP2 is perfect as I've been looking around for a pair of circumaural cans for portable use. Isolation is definitely way better than Q460, which is a supraaural. It sits comfortably out-of-the-box on my pretty large head (I have difficulty finding hats/fedoras that fits my head in this part of the world).

The LP2 looks like it can take a beating, but I think the finish could be better. I can see some glues attaching the metal strips (the one right next to the pads) to the bigger part of the cup. And I am also not sure why they used the meshed fabric under the headband. I feel that fabric is gonna be difficult to clean.

The included exoskeleton case looks awesome until I found one part has been scratched and I can see the material underneath. Argh... How I wish I can get the case replaced.... It's hard being a perfectionist...

SQ-wise, out-of-the-box, IMO it's definitely an upgrade compared to my Q460. I had to set my iPhone EQ to Bass Reducer when using the Q460 as I felt the bass bleeds through to the lower mids. The LP2 has better bass and more punch, yet I don't feel the need to use the EQ. LP2 also sounds clearer.  Looking good so far...

When my iPhone happened to shuffled to Michael Buble, he sounded he like was singing in a box (pardon my terminology, me being a noob).  Everything else (electronic, pop, rock, R&B) sounded great though, so maybe these cans are just not suitable for Michael Buble. It's burning in now, I hope it helps.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope my post is of any use for someone out there.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #131 of 142
True, but then I would have to fork out some money for the case and shipping.  Having buyer remorse now as V-MODA has made M-100 available for pre-oder. For what I've read so far, I would like M-100 sound signature better, and it's more portable as it's foldable....

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #132 of 142
Picked up the Crossfade LP2 for Christmas and overall I'm very impressed. Build quality is solid , although I've heard of people having issues with durability of the screws however I have not had that issue.

Sound Quality : Really smooth presentation. I wouldn't call them "neutral" but the fun aspect of the sound outputs all the right tonality that makes for a great all around set of cans. The bass is smooth and deep but not muddy , its not the best I've heard but its certainly better than most things in its price range. I wish there was a tad more sub bass but I can live without. The sound signature reminds me a lot of Sennheiser's in the sense that its a "dark" sound for lack of a better term. I find describing sound in this fashion to be really silly , calling sound "dark" is really not telling you a damn thing. So all I can say is that Impressed.

Build Quality : Solid , seems sturdy but only time will tell. I like the use of metal instead of plastic points and the fact that they provide you with extra screws and a little tool to tighten anything that needs it. I can't really say much more , I don't really buy into the whole "military grade" nonsense since I've seen plenty of military grade gear fall apart just as fast as cheap non-military grade gear. Again though no real complaints.

Comfort : I've got a big head .. giant in fact and these are pretty comfortable. My ears are also very sensitive to pressure and they are also large yet I don't find many comfort issue with these at all even for my big melon. I could wear these for hours without a problem. The clamp force is minimal as well so no sore "top" head to deal with. So no concerns in this department from my view point.

Style : I find these to be pretty stylish but nothing super fancy however in reality I couldn't give a crap less about the style of headphones... mostly. If the sound isn't up to the standard then I don't care if they were coated in gold , I think people who are worried about style should stick to "insert random rappers branded crap can here". The replaceable covers are neat and maybe in the future I'll personalize them a bit more to my liking so I guess I enjoy that option.

The only issue I have is that I thought these were completely closed but they are not , there are a few vents right on the side that leak sound but not heavily and I know its to achieve the smooth , deep bass. Had I know these weren't totally sealed I might have changed my mind but I'm kinda glad I didn't. I won't be able to pump the volume on a flight but it should still be a comfortable enough volume to keep me happy.

Unless there are any issues that crop up I'm doubting I'll be returning these as they fit my needs. I wanted a nice pair of cans that I don't have to amplify on the go , I tried a really nice pair of cans with a Fiio E7 and it was just too much of a hassle. This is much more lazy so that fits my needs , no portable amp to charge or worry about dieing and quality sound.

I don't believe in a scoring system because scores are highly misleading and people often read scores first instead of individual impressions which mean much more so I would recommend these to anyone that wants a solid all round (slightly bass heavy though for you neutral loving folks) can that be powered by a phone or MP3 player.

Nice work V-Moda

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #133 of 142

I won't be able to pump the volume on a flight but it should still be a comfortable enough volume to keep me happy.

I wouldn't say that at all.  I just got a set of LP2s yesterday and burned them in overnight turned up to mid plugged into my laptop in a quiet room with the cans set together.  I had the volume up at a level that I frankly would not be able to listen to for long without fatigue and with the headphones set on a desk they were absolutely silent, no leaking from 18" away.

I highly doubt that with engine noise in the background your seatmate will be able to hear *any* sound leakage whatsoever unless you're cranking them at ear bleeding levels.  They do a good job of isolation overall.

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #134 of 142
After reading almost all the replies on this post I'm still stuck between the LP2's or the M-100's. From what I've read the LP2's have better bass and that is what I'm more leaning toward, and I know every review is different. I would be using these headphones at work so I have people within 6-10 feet of me so sound bleeding is a factor in my purchase. Is there anyone on here that can end my endless back and forth battle? Or maybe even sway me to another brand in the $200-$300 price range.

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #135 of 142
Quote:
After reading almost all the replies on this post I'm still stuck between the LP2's or the M-100's. From what I've read the LP2's have better bass and that is what I'm more leaning toward, and I know every review is different. I would be using these headphones at work so I have people within 6-10 feet of me so sound bleeding is a factor in my purchase. Is there anyone on here that can end my endless back and forth battle? Or maybe even sway me to another brand in the $200-$300 price range.

They do not have "better" bass than the M100s.  They have MORE bass.  I've got both pairs, and the M100s are just in another class as far as clarity and bass response goes.  The LP2s, which better than the original LPs are still just a bit bass bloated...which muddies up the rest of the sound spectrum.  I only use mine to game with now as music just is more enjoyable on the M100s.  There isn't much difference in the sound leakage, so you shouldn't have a problem with that.  That said, is it worth 150 dollars more...that's for you to decide, but V-MODAs generous 60 day trial can ease that burden a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back