V-Moda LP2 Review
Dec 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #76 of 142
I decided to put up my pair of LP2 for sale. (not here in this forums tho cuz shipping abroad is just too expensive over here). Hard to justify keeping it if HTF600 for $35 sounds a little better in my ears. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #77 of 142

Quote:
I decided to put up my pair of LP2 for sale. (not here in this forums tho cuz shipping abroad is just too expensive over here). Hard to justify keeping it if HTF600 for $35 sounds a little better in my ears. 

Are they as comfortable as the lp2? For me, these things are like strapping marshmallows to my head. So soft and fluffy...

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #78 of 142

Quote:
Are they as comfortable as the lp2? For me, these things are like strapping marshmallows to my head. So soft and fluffy...

Well yes and no. The clamping is less on the HTF600 but the pads are quite stiff, I did however have slight issues due to clamping force with LP2 as it didn't fit fully around the ears but this is something that probably would disappear with time or if I'd stretch it a little while HTF600 fits nicely around the ear. But yea I've never had issues with HTF600 as the clamping force is so light, I can wear it for hrs and hrs but it can get a bit sweaty, LP2 didn't seem to thanks to the memory foam pads (I really love memory foam and wish every headphone had them), so soft and cushy and doesn't seem to get too hot.

The HTF600 won't win any sturdy or beaty queen contests, from build quality point of view it's like worth $20 max, but damn these packs some great sound quality for the price, they never cease to amaze me, so engaging to listen to and works pretty well with every genre (I boost the treble just a very tiny bit), I can never seem to sit still with these headphones on. LP2 came close with the optimal EQ settings but wasn't quite there. The HTF600 isn't quite as bassy as the LP2 but packs still a sufficient bass quantity for bassheads and once you hear the beautiful mids/highs you won't be missing that bass of LP2 even as a basshead. (well I use ZO so can get them both to that similar level of bass I prefer anyway) but the bass quality is better on HTF600 though, probably the best quantity/quality ratio I've encountered so far.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #79 of 142

Quote:
Well yes and no. The clamping is less on the HTF600 but the pads are quite stiff, I did however have slight issues due to clamping force with LP2 as it didn't fit fully around the ears but this is something that probably would disappear with time or if I'd stretch it a little while HTF600 fits nicely around the ear. But yea I've never had issues with HTF600 as the clamping force is so light, I can wear it for hrs and hrs but it can get a bit sweaty, LP2 didn't seem to thanks to the memory foam pads (I really love memory foam and wish every headphone had them), so soft and cushy and doesn't seem to get too hot.

The HTF600 won't win any sturdy or beaty queen contests, from build quality point of view it's like worth $20 max, but damn these packs some great sound quality for the price, they never cease to amaze me, so engaging to listen to and works pretty well with every genre (I boost the treble just a very tiny bit), I can never seem to sit still with these headphones on. LP2 came close with the optimal EQ settings but wasn't quite there. The HTF600 isn't quite as bassy as the LP2 but packs still a sufficient bass quantity for bassheads and once you hear the beautiful mids/highs you won't be missing that bass of LP2 even as a basshead. (well I use ZO so can get them both to that similar level of bass I prefer anyway) but the bass quality is better on HTF600 though, probably the best quantity/quality ratio I've encountered so far.

I won't debate your cans because I've never heard nor seen them. However, the LP2 gets the job done for me. sturdy enough to handle the abuse of portable life, lightweight, pretty good isolation, doesn't make me look ridiculous, sounds good and has the ability to be portable.

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #82 of 142

Quote:
No other reviews for the LP2? I'm sad.

Busy with getting over being sick, I'll be posting mine sometime soon.

Also, Skyrim + LP2 =
atsmile.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #83 of 142
My M80s are great but I realized after using Beats Studio, that I'm a bass-head. For me, the m80s are slightly lacking in the bass department. The reason why I didn't just jump for the LP2's is because of the lack of color choices and I thought the M80s would be enough.

How is the quantity of bass in the LP2s compared to the Beats Studio?
Are the LP2s really less bass than the LP1s?

Dec 25, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #84 of 142

Quote:
My M80s are great but I realized after using Beats Studio, that I'm a bass-head. For me, the m80s are slightly lacking in the bass department. The reason why I didn't just jump for the LP2's is because of the lack of color choices and I thought the M80s would be enough.

How is the quantity of bass in the LP2s compared to the Beats Studio?
Are the LP2s really less bass than the LP1s?

Purchased the LP2., Returning the headphones, didn't sound much different from what I can hear. Is less bass. Would instead buy some cheaper headphones, or the Crossfade LP1, can be bought for <$100 dollars at some places.

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #85 of 142

Quote:
Purchased the LP2., Returning the headphones, didn't sound much different from what I can hear. Is less bass. Would instead buy some cheaper headphones, or the Crossfade LP1, can be bought for <$100 dollars at some places.

Thanks!
Not much different from? Do you own the LP1?
Did you give the LP2s time to cook in?

I'm also considering buying the LP1s instead of LP2s. I just bought a pair of M-80s which are great for every genre, but I want very bass-heavy cans for Techno/Trance/House/Hip-Hop, etc.

I think I'm going with the LP1s if there isn't that much of a difference and because I just bought the M-80. I wouldn't mind too much if it isn't great for other softer genres since I'd use them strictly for bass-heavy music. And for $100 with bullet-proof durability and great style, why not?

I will be demo'ing the LP1 at B&H tomorrow and will decide.

Is there another set around $100-$200 that is similar to the V-Moda's style, durability, portability and quantity of bass? The only ones I can think of right now besides the overpriced Beats is the Audio-Technica Pro700MK2- I can't deal with looks and the amount of plastic.

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #86 of 142

Quote:
Thanks!
Not much different from? Do you own the LP1?
Did you give the LP2s time to cook in?

I'm also considering buying the LP1s instead of LP2s. I just bought a pair of M-80s which are great for every genre, but I want very bass-heavy cans for Techno/Trance/House/Hip-Hop, etc.

I think I'm going with the LP1s if there isn't that much of a difference and because I just bought the M-80. I wouldn't mind too much if it isn't great for other softer genres since I'd use them strictly for bass-heavy music. And for $100 with bullet-proof durability and great style, why not?

I will be demo'ing the LP1 at B&H tomorrow and will decide.

Is there another set around $100-$200 that is similar to the V-Moda's style, durability, portability and quantity of bass? The only ones I can think of right now besides the overpriced Beats is the Audio-Technica Pro700MK2- I can't deal with looks and the amount of plastic.

Owned the LP1 a while ago, sold as well. If I had I choice I would instead buy the LP1, which is less than 100 at some places, or wait for LP2 to drop in price, will probably drop less than $150 in a few months. (LP2 used for about a month)

some other similar style headphone would be Phiaton MS400 (which had liked better than LP2), should be able to get those around 100-150 USD.

others I see recommended
Sony XB headphones (cheap, probably better value than LP2)
Denon headphones (heard they might be too big for portable)
Ultrasone headphones (I also seen people say that they are uncomfortable made of plastic)
Audio Technica ESW9 (Look nice, thought I thought the build quality is not as good, headphone broke when twisted.)
Audio Technica ES7 (Think they were the headphones used in inception, had them they were stolen)

but the LP1/2 have very good build quality and good comfort, other headphones I have tried feel like cheap plastic compare to them. Don't see the LP headphones breaking unless someone try to break it.

Jan 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #89 of 142

Quote:

Owned the LP1 a while ago, sold as well. If I had I choice I would instead buy the LP1, which is less than 100 at some places, or wait for LP2 to drop in price, will probably drop less than $150 in a few months. (LP2 used for about a month)

some other similar style headphone would be Phiaton MS400 (which had liked better than LP2), should be able to get those around 100-150 USD.

others I see recommended
Sony XB headphones (cheap, probably better value than LP2)
Denon headphones (heard they might be too big for portable)
Ultrasone headphones (I also seen people say that they are uncomfortable made of plastic)
Audio Technica ESW9 (Look nice, thought I thought the build quality is not as good, headphone broke when twisted.)
Audio Technica ES7 (Think they were the headphones used in inception, had them they were stolen)

but the LP1/2 have very good build quality and good comfort, other headphones I have tried feel like cheap plastic compare to them. Don't see the LP headphones breaking unless someone try to break it.

Thanks!

I bought the Ultrasone Pro 900 and they're definitely more bass than my M-80.
As much as I love my M80, I returned them and I think I'm going to pick up the V-Moda LP2/LP1- still contemplating which. I just need portable cans that have much more bass than the M80, but still look good. I want bass that I can feel!
My Pro 900 aren't portable enough.
I'm even thinking about the XB500 vs. LP1, but I'm unsure about the looks of the XB500.

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #90 of 142
Mine LP2s sound as there is only a subwoofer in them, no mids or highs. Turning volume up to tolerable levels makes it even worse, bass becomes muddy just like you listening a stereo  wrapped in a blanket or standing near night club doors. Soundstage..u guys serious???? Clearly these are not hi end headphones by any definition. They reminded me the sound of my 1st boombox , ah.. Good build quality and packing tho. And They look awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back