V-Moda LP2 Review
Nov 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #31 of 142

Quote:
So can these headphones bee used while playing an XBox 360?  If so, do I need an adapter or something?  

They can, but if you want to use voice chat, you need something like the Astro Gaming Mixamp (which works phenomenally).  It basically allows you to use any headphone with a mic control w/ your 360.  Here's a link...but keep in mind, it just adds another 140 bucks to your purchase.  :)  I already had the mixamp that I used with the Astro Gaming a30 headphones, so it was just a simple headphone swap for me.

http://www.astrogaming.com/mixamp/mixamp-5-8

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #32 of 142
As for the LP2s as a whole...I'm definitely impressed.  I was one of the first to get the M80s and the same with the LP2s and I can't explain how happy I am with both.

From a pure musical standpoint, the M80s are superior...they just seem to be more balanced and neutral while still being technically accurate on both ends of the spectrum.  However, my main use for a headphone is gaming w/ the mic which is where the LP2s pull ahead.  By no means are they bad sounding, I just think the M80s are a bit better.  The LP2s are better than the original LPs for sure...not quite as muffled and distant sounding.  They have improved the sound slightly, while allowing you to be immersed in the gaming (psuedo surround sound).  They also appeared to fix the issue with the mic cable.  The mic on the M80s was distant and hard to come across clearly, but I played a few hours last night with the new LP2s and that concern was gone.

I'm pretty sure that I'll just give my M80s to my brother because I've found that I rarely even use them now that I have the LP2s.  Sure, not as great musically, but they are a better overall package for my needs.

Nov 29, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #33 of 142
I have to admit that whatever pseudo surround sound V-Moda put into the LP2 is pretty sweet. I'm noticing things I previously missed in movies, music, even games.

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #34 of 142
Nice review! I just ordered my M80s yesterday night, so I'm expecting them to come around next week^^
The photos you put up for size comparison are really good, and I'm actually glad I got the M80s because the LP2s are bigger than what I expected haha
Are you planning to get custom shields?

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #35 of 142

Quote:
Nice review! I just ordered my M80s yesterday night, so I'm expecting them to come around next week^^
The photos you put up for size comparison are really good, and I'm actually glad I got the M80s because the LP2s are bigger than what I expected haha
Are you planning to get custom shields?

I thought the m80's looked really small so I opted for the LP2. I must've made the right decision for myself, because I love my LP2's.

Yeah, I have to save for new books for next semester, but after that I'll probably get some shields. I've yet to decide what to get on them though.

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #36 of 142
Quote:
I thought the m80's looked really small so I opted for the LP2. I must've made the right decision for myself, because I love my LP2's.

Yeah, I have to save for new books for next semester, but after that I'll probably get some shields. I've yet to decide what to get on them though.

Glad you like them^^
Yea I had to work a CRAP load last week and the upcoming week so I can get the money for the M80s xD

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #37 of 142

Quote:
Quote:

Glad you like them^^
Yea I had to work a CRAP load last week and the upcoming week so I can get the money for the M80s xD

Yeah, its a pain to work, but I think its worth it. I like my LP2's and even got a few compliments on them when on campus. Some guy with sony xb500's on asked to try 'those' and was pretty impressed with them. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #38 of 142
Quote:
Yeah, its a pain to work, but I think its worth it. I like my LP2's and even got a few compliments on them when on campus. Some guy with sony xb500's on asked to try 'those' and was pretty impressed with them. 

The V-Moda's are really a head turner, and best of all, they have good SQ too (although I have yet to see lol)
I'm probably also going to use these headphones to stop a couple friends from getting the Beats xD

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #39 of 142

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but I found the high ends to be covered by the bass and overall warmth of the headphones. I gave these a brief listen at a local Microsoft Store and I was listening to Madeon - Pop Culture Drum Along. The cymbals seemed to be really recessed compared to the rest of the "boomy-sounding" drums and bass pedal.

Then again, it's a YouTube video and I only spent ~5 minutes previewing the LP2's, so don't take my impressions very seriously. Maybe my ears have been spoiled with the SRH940's clear treble response. >_<

Yea well we all have different taste too, if you're used to very bright headphones (SRH940 is a bit on the brighter side) you will ofc especially at first think a headphone with less forward treble sound weird. However there's also people that likes a warm sound and would prefer it over the analytical bright sounding SRH940 too. Personally I like warmer sounding headphones. In the frequency response graph they provide they seem to have both neutral and very even mids and highs but since it's  the bass that has like 12~15dB or so increase in the whole bassrange is what also makes them seem a lot less treble forward as it's all about the balance of the different frequency ranges against each other, if you lovered the bass by like 10dB I'm sure you'd think it start sounding brighter as the bass gets less space and mids and highs gets more space. For starters these are for bassheads that really are looking for strong bass, this is one of my top priorities, I purposedly want the lows to take first spot so for bassheads I think these should be very good choice.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #41 of 142

Quote:
For those of you who own, would you say they are well worth the price?

In short, yes. I enjoy them and barely use my sr80i anymore save for an occasional time that I need to pay attention to my surroundings.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #42 of 142
I'm so getting these if it even can make some1 that's owned a Grado satisfied despite Grado got so forward mids and highs with very clear detail and so engaging and aggressive sounding appriciate them and then these are really bass monsters too (which usually takes away detail and puts a little bit "veil" over mids and highs). I mean it's certainly not the same sound signature, far from it, but if it still has the ability to turn some1 that's been used to that Grado signature and appriciate the other sound signature that's usually quite an achievement already.... Gradoheads are among the hardest to tame. ;P

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #43 of 142

Quote:
I'm so getting these if it even can make some1 that's owned a Grado satisfied despite Grado got so forward mids and highs with very clear detail and so engaging and aggressive sounding appriciate them and then these are really bass monsters too (which usually takes away detail and puts a little bit "veil" over mids and highs). I mean it's certainly not the same sound signature, far from it, but if it still has the ability to turn some1 that's been used to that Grado signature and appriciate the other sound signature that's usually quite an achievement already.... Gradoheads are among the hardest to tame. ;P

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a Gradohead, but Grado was my first real quality headphone. I certainly appreciate the sound coming from these LP2's. I find myself purposefully listening to tracks containing more fast paced bass just for the fun of it.

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #44 of 142
for what i`ve been looking on the site the LP2 are recommended for basshead,and if it is true i am going to wait for the future M-100...

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #45 of 142
Here's a quote from Val in the M80 thread that I thought might be helpful~

"Yes, it is kinda tough to explain.  Here is from our site... bottom line, if you listen to house, club, modern pop, rock and listen loud or use for gaming, or want a virtual club with bass you can feel the LP or LP2 is best.  Also for DJing, LP2 is best as the sound changes on stage as your competing with the club sound system and monitors blaring at you.

For a studio like, but "juicy" sound that is very balanced (but flat highs, not spiked artificially so you can listen louder than treble-high headphones), M-80 or the future M-100 or ___ is the right guy for you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back