V-Moda LP2 Review
Jun 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #137 of 142
I own the LP2 and demoed the Beats line at a BestBuy. They amp the headphones separate from all the others, so the sound was noticeably louder with a lot of bass; but not pleasant bass. If you've ever heard subs going off you'll know what I mean, just thumping that hurts your ears and all the bass notes are the same pitch, making music sound like a lot of "BOOM BOOM BOOM". The build quality was really disappointing... I expected more out of $200 headphones.

That said, LP2's have a lot of bass, and I think they're enjoyable for hip hop. I would say get LP2's, not because "BEATS ARE OVERPRICED JUNK" but on so many aspects LP2's outperform. Amazon had the LP2's around $170 when I bought it. A great investment in my opinion

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #138 of 142
Forgot to talk about the bass in LP2's... sorry

The bass goes really low. I was listening to Drank In My Cup by Kirko Bangz, and I heard quality bass. It does overpower the mids and the highs are a bit rolled off so be mindful of that. But if you just want bass LP2's will really satisfy. They're easy to drive with a smartphone/iPod but I would recommend using good source, my computer makes them sound much more bassier than my phone.

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #139 of 142
All I can say is I was listening to When we ride on our enemies -Tupac. Lp2s and XB1ks.

Winner: Lp2

Wish I could hear the m-100s.

I had no idea V-Moda even existed. I took a chance (over beats) and I could never have imagined how much one could get for what one pays. Built solid. Crisp highs, Decent Mids. BASSSSSSSSSSSS (so fresh so clean). Sometimes can overpower mids and interfere with highs. For amateur audiophiles like myself, a McKinley and Lp2 with your portable device is NOT BAD AT ALL for subway rides. The case is awesome. And super comfortable.

After modding xb1000s (material behind driver, material covering grill), XB1k new BEAST!

Dec 19, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #140 of 142
I listen mostly to Rock (mostly classic/prog: Rush, Genesis, Led Zeppelin yada yada), but also lots of House, Dance, Hip-hop and other bassy genre's. I would like them to work well with most genre's though (acoustic guitars, folk, classical piano/strings, big band, horns, ect.). These would be lifestyle-type cans used for whatever tunes happen to tickle my fancy on the bus or while studying.

Right now LP2's are $199, and M100 are ~$300 (depending on the retailer).

I'm no audiophile (yet), but I like to think I can appreciate high quality sound.

I'm set on Vmoda for style, portability, price, in-line mic/controls (iphone), and build-quality, for my purposes: are the M100's worth the $100 mark-up? Or will I be satisfied by the LP2's? Also are the M100's noticeably bulkier/heavier than the LP2's?

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #142 of 142
I own the crossfade 2 and I have to say without a doubt these are my favorite headphones period! If you look at my profile you can see that I own many different headphones from different brands at very different price points. They are all collecting dust. I'm in love with the cf2!

I listen to a variety of music, from Madonna to Grimes to The Weekend to classical to rap/r&b. And I have to say once these headphones are properly burned in (100 hours plus with pink noise at full volume) they play anything I throw at them beautifully without breaking a sweat!

You absolutely must purchase the xl ear pads! They open up the sound. Bass gets much tighter, it goes deep but doesn't overpower the miss or highs! The mids open up and breathe. Clear and uncolored! As far as the treble, it is clear, crisp, and not over powered at all. Bright clean sound!

Once these headphones are burned in and the earpads are replaced, they become, in my opinion, "the best bluetooth headphones on the market"! I have recommended these headphones to many people and every single person cannot believe how they sound! Many say they hear things in their favorite songs they've never heard before!

Buy these now! You will not be disappointed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back