V-MODA: LP2 or M-100.
Dec 4, 2012 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Allucid

Caution: Incomplete trades.
Which is better?
I currently own the LP2s, there is no threads for this so I decided to make one.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 11
I haven't listened to the LP2 for awhile, and only listened to it for an hour or so.  But from memory and from measurements it's quite a bit less, maybe ~5-7dB less?  There's still a ton of bass though.  The LP2 simply had too much bass for most genres, and the M-100 is right on the edge of that.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 11
I haven't listened to the LP2 for awhile, and only listened to it for an hour or so.  But from memory and from measurements it's quite a bit less, maybe ~5-7dB less?  There's still a ton of bass though.  The LP2 simply had too much bass for most genres, and the M-100 is right on the edge of that.

Do you think amping or equalizing the m-100 will give them the extra 7 or so db back?

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Do you think amping or equalizing the m-100 will give them the extra 7 or so db back?

I honestly don't see why you would, but you could bring it back that way.  It might be better to just EQ down the treble and midrange to bring out the bass, but you can do it however you want I guess.  The bass really is enough for pretty much anyone though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
I honestly don't see why you would, but you could bring it back that way.  It might be better to just EQ down the treble and midrange to bring out the bass, but you can do it however you want I guess.  The bass really is enough for pretty much anyone though.

DJBooth did a review on the M-100s, and said they where for audiophiles only, they wouldn't use them for recording/producing.

I'm going to be producing soon, and I see no point in having two pairs of headphones.

Judging from my research, the M-100s are more clearer and have better vocals than the Lp2s.
I made sure to burn my headphones in specially for what I wanted to listen to, and the result is that it sounds different than other people say. RPGWizard said that the Lp2s have distorted/Nasal female vocals, and listening to Nero's Guilt and New Life, I don't hear anything wrong with it.

I agree with you that the LP2s are for bass heads though, and there is a bass head in all of us.

Do you recommend for me to send back my LP2s [I bought them this month] and pay 100 more for the m-100s?

Thanks for your answers so far.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

When my Lp2s had too much bass,and this when when I was burning them in, I used bass reducer EQ when there was too much bass, and it was fine. Most of the time I either don't mind the bass or don't notice it.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
DJBooth did a review on the M-100s, and said they where for audiophiles only, they wouldn't use them for recording/producing.

I'm going to be producing soon, and I see no point in having two pairs of headphones.

Judging from my research, the M-100s are more clearer and have better vocals than the Lp2s.
I made sure to burn my headphones in specially for what I wanted to listen to, and the result is that it sounds different than other people say. RPGWizard said that the Lp2s have distorted/Nasal female vocals, and listening to Nero's Guilt and New Life, I don't hear anything wrong with it.

I agree with you that the LP2s are for bass heads though, and there is a bass head in all of us.

Do you recommend for me to send back my LP2s [I bought them this month] and pay 100 more for the m-100s?

Thanks for your answers so far.

If you're gonna be producing I won't recommend anything by V-Moda at all.  They're fun to listen to, but would be pretty much worthless to make something that actually sounds good on everything.  In fact, ideally you shouldn't be using headphones at all, but least of all coloured ones like this.

If you want something that sounds a bit better for everything, has a more balanced signature and folds, the M-100 is great.  If you want something that's for monitoring or producing, not so much.  The LP2 would be even worse for that purpose though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
If you're gonna be producing I won't recommend anything by V-Moda at all.  They're fun to listen to, but would be pretty much worthless to make something that actually sounds good on everything.  In fact, ideally you shouldn't be using headphones at all, but least of all coloured ones like this.

If you want something that sounds a bit better for everything, has a more balanced signature and folds, the M-100 is great.  If you want something that's for monitoring or producing, not so much.  The LP2 would be even worse for that purpose though.

Morgan Page uses V-MODA.
DJ Soxxi uses V-MODA.
Eric Morollo uses V-MODA.

Anyway, so you're saying the M100s are better than the Lp2s?
Should I send my Lp2s back and get the M100s?

I like V-Moda, thier customer support is very good.

I just like V-Moda, it's what I want to have, over any other headphone. I almost bought Pioneers once, then found V-Moda. :wink:

You don't get gunmetal wingplates with the free gunmetal sheilds in the Lp2s box, and I asked V-MODA about this, they said they would send me the wingplates free of charge.

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:
Morgan Page uses V-MODA.
DJ Soxxi uses V-MODA.
Eric Morollo uses V-MODA.

Anyway, so you're saying the M100s are better than the Lp2s?
Should I send my Lp2s back and get the M100s?

I like V-Moda, thier customer support is very good.

I just like V-Moda, it's what I want to have, over any other headphone. I almost bought Pioneers once, then found V-Moda. :wink:

You don't get gunmetal wingplates with the free gunmetal sheilds in the Lp2s box, and I asked V-MODA about this, they said they would send me the wingplates free of charge.

They're great for DJing, but you'll never see them using them in the studio!  I like V-Moda too, I wouldn't have the M-80 or M-100 if I didn't. :p

Anyway, the basic gist of it is, the M-100s are better than the LP2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back