V-Moda LP2 headphone cable connection is damaged
Aug 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Gangsta-Nun

New Head-Fier
I tried to find a suitable place for this discussion and this forum looked like the place, even if it might be in the wrong section.

I used this website around two years ago to find a pair of headphones and basically increase my knowledge of what was out there before I made my purchase. Wrongly or rightly I made my decision and chose a some VModa LP2s.

They had a few minor issues such as uncomfortable ear muffs (the problem was fixed when I bought some improved versions). However, it seems my very trusty and well made headphones have decided to give up its legs in the weakest point of the very well made headphones.

The cable which connects to Aux jacks (which can be disconnected from the headphones) has become damaged from use. The headphones helpfully came with two cables, one longer than the other. A few months ago I thought that the cable I had used for the large majority of my listening usage had become damaged as the sound was only coming out of one headphone can. So I decided to move over to the longer set of cable to use, this worked flawlessly for a couple of months. However, my headphones are now at the stage where I can't listen to anything as sound only comes out of one side. My conclusion is that the inside of the headphone connection has become damaged from over use.

So the reason I'm making this thread is to ask whether this is the end of my headphones? Whether there is a quick fix or even a cheap fix? Any help or guidance is much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back