V-MODA Crossfade Wireless - worth 76 Euros?
post-15722154
Post #1 of 7

armdias

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi all.

I just found on a local store the V-MODA Crossfade Wireless on a limited sale price of 76 Euros.

I must confess that for no reason, I never cared about the V-MODA brand, but seeing these at this price made me investigate a little more.

So it seems they where released back in the day at about 300€, then price decreased, there's now the Crossfade 2 (way more expensive) and this one is on sale at only 76 Euros.

I read that these are bass-heavy, but that's exactly what I want right know, a more "fun" closed back headphones (having the Sennheiser HD599 and AKG K240 MkII for a more neutral sound and open-back). Plus, from what I read, they are built like tanks and they have a nice case.

I'll be listening mostly metal: thrash, death, doom, occasional rock/alternative.

My question is: at this price, do you think it's a no-brainer? Or, for a more bass-heavy/fun headphones there's better alternatives (even if they cost a bit more).

I'm not in LOVE with the looks, they seem a bit flashy for my taste, I'm used to more "classy" headphones, but they are growing on me and at this price I'm willing to sacrifice the looks (plus, it's the soound that really matters in the end).

For 76 Euros it seems like a good deal... what do you think?

Last edited:
post-15723134
Post #2 of 7

armdias

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Adding some more food for thought... for someone having a Sennheiser Momentum 2 on-ear and over-ear, an Audio Technica ATH-M50X and an iFi Zen DAC (which has a bass boost), would these V-Moda Crossfade Wireless for 76 Euros still be an worthy addition to a collection (just in terms of sound, not Bluetooth capability) or redundant, despite the low price tag?

Last edited:
post-15724637
Post #4 of 7

Markolav

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
@armdias V-Modas have phenomenal build quality which alone makes them a steal for that price. I own M100 which is supposedly quite similar sounding headphone and I think they are a pretty good value for that money, IMO sound quality on M100 does not live up to the original $300-ish MSRP, I bought mine as a B-stock for about half of that price and have been quite satisfied with them. They are not necessarily the best all-arounders but very decent for portable usage and casual listening.

Last edited:
post-15725025
Post #5 of 7

Peddler

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Website
sites.google.com
I loved mine. They superbly made, sound so powerful (really good amplification in these babys) and, yes, they're pretty bass heavy but still sound good. Not accurate perhaps but definitely fun.

post-15725279
Post #6 of 7

iFi audio

Sponsor: iFi Audio
Reaction score
Website
ifi-audio.com
V-Modas have phenomenal build quality which alone makes them a steal for that price.
I agree, especially for the price listed! Great cans!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)