V-moda crossfade m80 with metal/rock/hip-hop?
Sep 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cokethezoke

New Head-Fier
I've fallen completely in love with the V-moda Vrossfade m80 but before i go out and buy them, i would like to know how they perform with rock, metal and hip-hop, which i primarily listen to. Think bands like Thousand foot krutch, Bullet for my Valentine, Asking Alexandria, Icon for hire, All that Remains and so on.

I like the V-moda m80 because they are robust, easy to drive (my mp3-player sansa clip+ will do a fine job, without an amp),
good looking, portable and from what i've read, they should sound very well. But what i haven't quite been able to figure out from all the research i've done on them, is how they do with the genres that i listen to.
So how are they?
Are there any better alternatives that meet my demands? Maybe sennheiser hd-25?

Sep 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 3
It really depends on who you ask. I consider myself a "Warmhead" (Instead of a basshead, basically meaning I like a bit of bass boost and bit of treble cut) and the M80 performs great with all of those genres to my tastes. Some people will complain that they're not bright enough or that they're too bassy etc. but that's how I like it.

I think most newcomers and average consumers would be very very pleased with their sound. As long as you don't have any problems with the comfort of the M80s, then I'd say don't worry about the sound because they're a fantastic, pleasurable performer for those genres.

Sep 22, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 3
  It really depends on who you ask. I consider myself a "Warmhead" (Instead of a basshead, basically meaning I like a bit of bass boost and bit of treble cut) and the M80 performs great with all of those genres to my tastes. Some people will complain that they're not bright enough or that they're too bassy etc. but that's how I like it.

I think most newcomers and average consumers would be very very pleased with their sound. As long as you don't have any problems with the comfort of the M80s, then I'd say don't worry about the sound because they're a fantastic, pleasurable performer for those genres.

Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back