V-Moda Crossfade M100....need alternate suggestion.
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kayan

100+ Head-Fier
Long story short, I bought a pair of V-Moda M100s last week, received 'em, turned 'em on....me = wowed. This was my first pair of higher end headphones, and I absolutely LOVE the sound signature. The problem is, the earcups are too small for my ears, and they cause extreme discomfort after a mere 30minutes.

So, what I'm inquiring about is two-fold:

#1 - can these headphone's pads be changed out to something with a bigger inside circumference?
I think I know the answer to #1, hence this question --
#2 - What would something of similar build and sound quality, as well as being a closed back, be? I've read MLE's guide, but I'm looking for some more info on this specifically. Could anyone suggest anything comparable?

I'll be using for gaming, music, and movies on my desktop and ZuneHD.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Long story short, I bought a pair of V-Moda M100s last week, received 'em, turned 'em on....me = wowed. This was my first pair of higher end headphones, and I absolutely LOVE the sound signature. The problem is, the earcups are too small for my ears, and they cause extreme discomfort after a mere 30minutes.

So, what I'm inquiring about is two-fold:

#1 - can these headphone's pads be changed out to something with a bigger inside circumference?
I think I know the answer to #1, hence this question --
#2 - What would something of similar build and sound quality, as well as being a closed back, be? I've read MLE's guide, but I'm looking for some more info on this specifically. Could anyone suggest anything comparable?

I'll be using for gaming, music, and movies on my desktop and ZuneHD.

If you want something to fully cover your ears, take a look at the UE6000. If I had comfort issues with my M100 that would be my second choice headphone in that category.

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 3
There is a plan for V-MODA to release so-called XL earpads.  These might solve the comfort issues you are experiencing, although they may change the sound as well.  Here is a link to Val Kolton's feedback on Amazon regarding the issue.  

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3FUJYC12F2QHK/ref=cm_cr_pr_oc_perm?ie=UTF8&cdMsgID=MxJ1VF9SJXWKIP

There is also discussion on the XL earpads in the oversized M-100 thread in the Portable Headphones portion of Head-Fi, where Val also posts.  

These are not available yet, so it is unclear when this might solve the issue for you.  From my experience, V-MODA has excellent customer service, so it is up to you to decide whether to wait on this or choose another headphone.  I own the M-100s (happy customer) and don't have comfort issues.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back