V-Moda Crossfade M-100
Jan 20, 2015 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

grumpybrit

New Head-Fier
has anyone used these headphones? i know they are a little pricey but im taken by their looks and features. apparently good for the bass heads but not too harsh. would love to hear from anyone who has bought or tried them out.
thanks

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 8
I have a pair. You are right, the bass is quite good and deep. The build quality is also very sturdy as I take it when I'm on business trips weekly and they have never failed on me. They come with good accessories including 2 different cables, one for use with cell phones. However what I dislike the most about them is the ear cups. I found the stock ones a little to small and the clamping force is quite tight. I heard you can  buy XL ear pads separately tho.  Regardless for me, I am contemplating selling them for a pair of AKG K267.  

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 8
  I have a pair. You are right, the bass is quite good and deep. The build quality is also very sturdy as I take it when I'm on business trips weekly and they have never failed on me. They come with good accessories including 2 different cables, one for use with cell phones. However what I dislike the most about them is the ear cups. I found the stock ones a little to small and the clamping force is quite tight. I heard you can  buy XL ear pads separately tho.  Regardless for me, I am contemplating selling them for a pair of AKG K267.  

okay. thanks for your comments. from the look of them i was questioning the build quality but as you and others have said, its not an issue. spare cable for cellphone is good! i also like how they fold up quite neatly. they certainly look awesome!  larger ear pads might make the tight clamping not such a problem if they covered the ear as opposed to sitting on it i think. maybe .....
would you rate the AKG's as a better brand than these? if so, may i ask why?

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm not too sure on the K267 as I'm looking to audition them myself. From the other members, it seems that build quality will not be as sturdy as the M-100. Reason I'm looking at the K267 is because I recently bought my first set of AKG headphones for home use and I love the house sound. So I'm playing around with the idea of  picking up the  K267 as my portable cans. But again, I will have to demo them before I make a decision. This is such a fun hobby, picking and choosing from such a number of quality headphones
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 8
  I'm not too sure on the K267 as I'm looking to audition them myself. From the other members, it seems that build quality will not be as sturdy as the M-100. Reason I'm looking at the K267 is because I recently bought my first set of AKG headphones for home use and I love the house sound. So I'm playing around with the idea of  picking up the  K267 as my portable cans. But again, I will have to demo them before I make a decision. This is such a fun hobby, picking and choosing from such a number of quality headphones
biggrin.gif

yes! nail on head! it is fun! and i never knew! haha... there are a lot of good quality headphones out there and won't break the bank! but i think the trick is to find a pair you like to a point where the fun doesn't stop once you have handed over your hard earned money!
nobody has anything bad to say about AKG's from what i can gather. I should check out the K267's. you have gotten me curious now...lol
I am now back in the west! will be hopping between UK and Ireland for a while. forgotten how sh**ty the weather can be here!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back