V-moda Crossfade M-100 vs Beats Pro
Dec 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sanudave12

New Head-Fier
Hey, I know it's kind of a stupid question, considering, the M-100s are considered much better, but to people who have experienced both, which is the better option? 
I listen to Dubstep, EDM, hip-hop, rap, trance, stuff like that.
Thanks!

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Although the beats pro isn't nearly as bad of a value as the solo HD, they are, not only in Value but also in build-quality and sound, inferior to the V-Moda M-100s, by a long shot.
While they are about equal in punch and both tend to sound bloated here and there, the V-Moda can reproduce more details, has a wider, though a bit weird, sometimes misplaced soundstage (which shouldn't be a problem regarding your tastes), plus the V-Moda has the upper hand regarding treble and subbass. Also, the M100 is quite a bit quicker than the MBP. From a durability/warranty standpoint, V-Moda has the upper hand here because of a 5yr warranty and the immortal life program.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey there! I currently own the m-100 and have been for over a year. I have listened to the beats pro as well. I will do a quick rundown on what I think of both:
Style: both are tied at a modern and sleek style that both look sick
Comfort: both are very comfortable, but larger ears may be fatigued (buy XL pads if so)
Accessories: both come with a case and wires, but the m100 win with the included earplugs and custom shields.
Build/quality: both are sturdy and nicely built. I feel the m100 win with it's very strong build that no other headphone compares to.
Sound: both are bassy headphones! The beats have more bass but a lot less quality and extension. The mids and highs are miles better on the vmodas! The beats have very little soundstage and instrument separation which is where the m100 excel at for a closed headphone. The pro are too muddy and just sounds like rubbish. Also if the bass isn't enough on the vmodas isn't enough then buy an amp like the fiio e11. It will give you plenty of bass on the 2 setting. I own one myself.
Isolation: both isolate pretty well but the beats are a tad better.
Price: vmodas m100 $310 and beats pro $400
If you want the amp and XL pads it will add $80 which is still less.
Overall the m100 is basically the way to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back