V-MODA Crossfade M-100: Am I doing something wrong?
Feb 20, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #61 of 123
It's not impossible that it's a bad pair. There seem to be threads floating around where people got a set that had no bass response to speak of. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #64 of 123
Unfortunately for any files that are high quality, you are either going to have to pay for it or get it illegally. The only exception being if the artist is giving away the music for free through Bandcamp or something. Keep in mind that YouTube rips are just as illegal as pirating. I'm pretty sure Soundcloud is legal, though.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #65 of 123
  Unfortunately for any files that are high quality, you are either going to have to pay for it or get it illegally. The only exception being if the artist is giving away the music for free through Bandcamp or something. Keep in mind that YouTube rips are just as illegal as pirating. I'm pretty sure Soundcloud is legal, though.

Spotify and Rdio stream/download at 320 (less on cellular data unless you change it in the preferences). No need for anything higher.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #68 of 123
  Hmm, yeah, forgot about Spotify. You still need to pay for Premium if you want on-demand for mobile, right? 

Yeah but $10/mo is chump change considering how much music you get, IMO. I burn through new music as often as I can, WELL worth it.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #70 of 123
  Well, what about soundcloud? I'm not buying spotify. Are soundcloud files typically good? Or are those just youtube rips as well?

Soundcloud and Bandcamp both use 128, and in the case of Souncloud the source file could easily be terrible.

EDIT: If you aren't worried about listening to specific songs in a specific order on your phone, Spotify's free tier is pretty cool (and you get it on your desktop w/ full access): https://www.spotify.com/us/free/

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #72 of 123

Soundcloud and Bandcamp both use 128, and in the case of Souncloud the source file could easily be terrible.

Are you sure you're not getting Bandcamp confused with some other service? Bandcamp offers a wide variety of files when you download, the lowest being some form of AAC (never bothered to see what bitrate, probably 256kbps)

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #73 of 123
  Are you sure you're not getting Bandcamp confused with some other service? Bandcamp offers a wide variety of files when you download, the lowest being some form of AAC (never bothered to see what bitrate, probably 256kbps)

Oops, I was looking at their streaming, my mistake: https://bandcamp.com/help/audio_basics

But even then, BC is pretty freaking limited to what you have access to. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #74 of 123
I know they actually rumble. But I don't hear the actual bass. I've noticed that if I put pressure on the cans and push them slightly harder on my head, I can hear AND feel the bass! But I can't just sit there and hold them tightly against my head all day! Is there any way I can make them tighter on my head?

Your M-100 is probably defective.  I had the same symptom with the UE6000 (considered a basshead HP) which I returned.  There's a small chance that your earpad don't seal properly against your noggin, causing the bass to roll off.  This is a common problem with poor fitting IEM tips. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #75 of 123
  Oops, I was looking at their streaming, my mistake: https://bandcamp.com/help/audio_basics

But even then, BC is pretty freaking limited to what you have access to. 

Oh, okay. Yeah, there's no denying that. It's mostly indie artists. It's a shame, really, considering that it's much better than iTunes and Beatport when you put aside the whole limited selection thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back