V moda Crossfade LP2 or M100?
Mar 16, 2013 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

yopeople70

New Head-Fier
I want to get a bass heavy headphone and i herd that these were a decent buy. I want something with a good amount of bass but not something that will drown out the mids or highs and that looks stylish as well. I would also like something that is portable and can run smoothly without the use of an amp. Which one of these headphones would you prefer? Are there any better options in the $200-$300 price range? 

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 8
Forget about the Senn HD-25 II if what you seek is bass, these cans are good but be careful ! No soundstage at all (I mean, as if you were directly plugged to your source, so while it does have good separation it won't have any location either) and bass might be punchy but aren't deep, in fact it is very neutral. Fun to listen, warm sound but not too much, yet not a basshead can IMO. More suited for a dancer or a DJ I'd say, isolation is pretty nice when the music plays. 

Get the V-Moda M100, if you aren't ok with it you have a 60 days money-back guarantee satisfaction.  +1for Sony XB line (700 or 800? I'm ok with 600 but it does need EQ). 

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #4 of 8
Get the m-100, I have the lp2 and it pales in comparison to the m-100. There's not much sound stage for the lp2 and the bass even though it's been tamed a bit still intrudes into the low mids. Not to say that the lp2 is a bad head phone, the m-100 is about 3 times better for 1/3 more cost. Val really did an amazing job with them.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 8
I own the LP2 and M100. The bass is the LP2 is more stronger than the M100. However, the M100 has more clearer sound compared to the LP2. The bass is still there in the m100, which beautifully blends with the mids and highs. My current setup is that I use the LP2 for gaming, while the M100 for travel.

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 8
I own the LP2 and M100. The bass is the LP2 is more stronger than the M100. However, the M100 has more clearer sound compared to the LP2. The bass is still there in the m100, which beautifully blends with the mids and highs. My current setup is that I use the LP2 for gaming, while the M100 for travel.

Hello there. My m100 hopefully will arrive today. Really looking forward to test them out. I was curious about your setup with the vmoda m100. Which player, device, amp/dac etc are you using?

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #7 of 8
I was just wondering, would it be ok if use this headphones for running? ( either the LP2 or the M100) Or would them deteriorate pretty quickly if I do so?

I know these are not their main purpose and there might other headphones which might suits this function better, but I was still curious about this....

May 30, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #8 of 8
I do not understand why people bash the lp2 when they don't even try to fix the sound (correction by EQ) and plug them into a good amp. The Lp2 will only benefit when connected into a cold amp which brings out some of the lost highs and calms the bass down and yes the stock without any correcting, plugged into a phone or a crappy laptop will sound terrible no matter what but with correction and a good DAC it really becomes easily a good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back