V-Moda crossfade lp2 heat damage?
Apr 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

licantroleon

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just made my account literally a few minutes ago so I'm fresh to this forum and basically I know nothing about headphones so please be lenient to my ignorant questions. Basically, my question is if crossfade lp2s will be damaged if subjected to heat. I left them in the car today for about 30 min on accident and when I went back to get them, they were pretty hot. Outside is about 80 degrees which might not be too hot but its really sunny out and in the car with all windows rolled up it gets pretty hot in there. I cooled them off in my house and I listened to them and they seem fine, but I'm far from being an audiophile so I can't really tell if anything has happened to them or not so as a general statement I want to know if my headphones could be damaged or effected by the heat. Sorry for the stupid question but I'm just really worried my headphones could be damaged.

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 7
The only thing I'd be concerned about is the headband melting, if that looks fine then I'd think they're okay. If you're very concerned, Try opening them up and looking at the wires connecting to the driver and check for damage. But I think you're fine.

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
The only thing I'd be concerned about is the headband melting, if that looks fine then I'd think they're okay. If you're very concerned, Try opening them up and looking at the wires connecting to the driver and check for damage. But I think you're fine.

Headband melting...?  The headband is made out of steel, it's not going to melt...

The headphones will be fine though.  Unless the temperatures are actually hot enough to melt other plastic in your car (a water bottle or something) then the headphones will be fine.  There's no need to worry, but they might still get really hot in the sun, it's still probably best to avoid it if possible!

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:

Headband melting...?  The headband is made out of steel, it's not going to melt...

The headphones will be fine though.  Unless the temperatures are actually hot enough to melt other plastic in your car (a water bottle or something) then the headphones will be fine.  There's no need to worry, but they might still get really hot in the sun, it's still probably best to avoid it if possible 

I'm referring to he pleather on the headband.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 7
I have a pair of these too. They are built very tough and durable, so you should be fine. The only things that I can see possibly melting is the plastic on the bottom inside of the headband where it says Left and Right, or the plastic casing around the hinge. Even if these were slightly melted, your headphones would still be fine.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 7
Honestly by the time the plastic in the headphones starts melting chances are that half of the plastic in the car will have already melted.  There really is no need to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back