V-Moda Crossfade LP
Nov 25, 2014 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Heath

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I managed to get a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP's for £50 in one of the Amazon flash sales today. They are getting delivered tomorrow, but after looking around on the internet I've found mixed reviews on them. My question is, for £50 are they a good buy, or am I better off sending the back and saving my money for something else?

Thanks in advance  

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 12

Hi all,

I managed to get a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LP's for £50 in one of the Amazon flash sales today. They are getting delivered tomorrow, but after looking around on the internet I've found mixed reviews on them. My question is, for £50 are they a good buy, or am I better off sending the back and saving my money for something else?

Thanks in advance  

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/celebrity-headphone-deathmatch-v-moda
if you're looking for more of a basshead can its a good deal

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 12
I got mine for about that price about 6 months ago, and am still rocking them, they are really bass heavy, but with some eq-ing you can bring the mids and treble out so that the sound is really divine.

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 12
I got my Crossfade LP's last year in a similar sale. At that price range they obtain a pretty good cost|performance|build quality ratio.
Although, I did find the bass muddy (as many others claim) and the sound does improve from use (burn-in). As Tim-E has stated, a good sound equalisor setting really helps the obtainable sound signature.
If I remember correctly a lot of posts on here and elsewhere had a lot of bickering over them at the time.
I'd suggest listening to them from a shop or friend if possible, then make your decision.

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #7 of 12
Damn, I was browsing through it yesterday! I cannot believe i missed it! 
frown.gif
 *cries*

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #9 of 12
Thanks for the help! Unless anything better comes along for the price I'll hang on to them. I've tried them briefly, but kept all the packaging/plastic film on them in case I decide to send them back. As mentioned the sound definitely improved after some eq-ing and they're certainly a lot better than anything else I've had. Thanks again

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 12
Thanks for the help. I'll hang on to them unless something else comes up tomorrow. Tried Eq-ing and it made a great improvement. They are definitely a lot better than anything else I've had before :)

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #11 of 12
  Thanks for the help. I'll hang on to them unless something else comes up tomorrow. Tried Eq-ing and it made a great improvement. They are definitely a lot better than anything else I've had before :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the Crossfade LP's! At that price point they're great bang for your buck.
Happy listening. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #12 of 12
I use these at work all day.
They do a great job of blocking out all the noise around me (perfect in an open office space) and the sound is fantastic.
They are also very comfortable. I hardly know I have them on. (And they look really slick, too.)
They are pretty hefty though, and the case is nice and sturdy but big, so plan accordingly if you're planning to travel with them.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back