V-MODA Crossfade LP vs. Audio-Technica ATH M-50
Aug 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JohnnnW

Head-Fier
Pros and cons? 

Which are better for rap/hip-hop edm?

More comfortable? 

Do the V=moda's still have the cracking problem stated in this review?

http://www.amazon.com/review/R139KMGVR56YAW/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R139KMGVR56YAW

Finally what is the model of headphones that technically replaced the crossfade lp? Are they better? 

Aug 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 8
Technically speaking, the m-80 or crossfade lp 2 replaced the crossfade lp's.
Anyways I have a bit of a different reccommendation for you in the same (about) price range that works far better for hip-hop/rap which is the audio technica ws77/99 which have a nice sound sig. That has nice, smooth, but punchy bass and even smoother mids with crispy highs

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Pros and cons? 

Which are better for rap/hip-hop edm?

More comfortable? 

Do the V=moda's still have the cracking problem stated in this review?

http://www.amazon.com/review/R139KMGVR56YAW/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R139KMGVR56YAW

Finally what is the model of headphones that technically replaced the crossfade lp? Are they better? 

the cracking problem was an issue during the first releases of the lp. That issue was solved a long time ago. I got an lp2, an m100 and an an ath m50, and i gotta say that the vmodas are more better sounding when it comes to edm due to the larger drivers. To be honest, before breaking in, the vmodas are quite uncomfortable. The ath m50 sound good, but not that great when it comes to edm.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
the cracking problem was an issue during the first releases of the lp. That issue was solved a long time ago. I got an lp2, an m100 and an an ath m50, and i gotta say that the vmodas are more better sounding when it comes to edm due to the larger drivers. To be honest, before breaking in, the vmodas are quite uncomfortable. The ath m50 sound good, but not that great when it comes to edm.

When you say the V-modas are better for edm, you meant the LP2's correct? 

Thanks for the info! 

SO hard deciding.. way too many headphones and I can't try them before hand. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
If you want big bass and terrible muddy mid range where the vocals sound like coming through mud go with the LP2 or M100. If you want more clarity with good bass and a fun sound go M50.

Well if this is true then I want the M50's then haha... I hadn't seen they were as bad as you say in the mids. That's too bad. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 8
I also have an lp2 and an m100. I admit that the lp2 is very bass heavy, and the mids are quite muddy. The m100 however, has a way better sound signature. They are not the best headphone at its price range, but it certainly addresses to the bassheads out there rather than audiophiles. The m50 has good sound for most genres, but something is missing. I wish I could give you a demo of each headphone, which I have, to let you know what I really mean.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I also have an lp2 and an m100. I admit that the lp2 is very bass heavy, and the mids are quite muddy. The m100 however, has a way better sound signature. They are not the best headphone at its price range, but it certainly addresses to the bassheads out there rather than audiophiles. The m50 has good sound for most genres, but something is missing. I wish I could give you a demo of each headphone, which I have, to let you know what I really mean.

If I were interested in the m100's what should I try and pay? What's a good deal?

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

If I were interested in the m100's what should I try and pay? What's a good deal?

Well to start, i am not here to endorse either headphones. The average price for the m50 (modified version) is $159 from soundprofessionals, while the m100 is about $310. For size and portability, the m100 is more smaller and compact when folded. For comfort, both of them tend to be stuffy when worn at long times. For sound, the m100 leads in quality. For packaging, the m100 still leads in that category. For durability, vmodas excel in it. Needless to say, you get to pay more for the m100, and it is backed by a 2-year warranty and 50% immortal warranty. If you use it for mainstream, then the m100s are for you. If you are an audiophile, these are not for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back