V-Moda Crossfade Lp`s, Sony MDR XB-500 or Audio Technica ATH-M50?
Jan 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redskinsboy13

New Head-Fier
Im looking for a new headphone fast and i cant decide between the 3.
The type of music i like is sorta Rap, Hip hop, Techno, Dubstep. And im really thinking i want a Bass headphone.
Obviously the price on the sonys are the best. And thats a huge plus at his point, so are the other 2 worth more money if so which one.
I need help fast, i need to decide in a few days!
(leave other suggestions for headphones aswell)

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Overall the consensus best of those 3 (especially from the opinions of folks here) is the ATH M50, probably followed by the Sony, and the Crossfade LP isn't well-liked here.

I own the ATH M50 myself and love it. I'm not sure how it stacks up against the Sony as far as bass goes though, and judging by your music tastes that's probably the most important thing.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Also worth taking a look at are the ATH Pro700MK2 (they are a bassier brother to the M50 and the Ultrasone HFi 580(well loved here by most people due to their tight and strong bass). 

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 4
The ultrasone pro 900 also has a great kick of bass if that's what you're looking for in your cans.:) but i've heard the aiaiai tma-1 and the m-50's and have to say they aren't very much lacking either. However, the pro 900 has a more echoed bass, and the aiaiai's have a tighter sound. the M-50's on the other hand, are more similar to the pro 900's. Matters what exactly your looking for though. If your planning on using it at work, prolly not the m-50 or the pro 900's as they leak a fair bit of noise.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back