V-moda Crossfade LP Hurting head, looking for replacement ideas
Oct 5, 2014 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

anthonylcastro

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,

I have a pair of vmoda Crossfade LP's. I've been happy with the quality and sound, but unfortunately, I can't wear them for more than an hour or so until they start hurting my head. (specifically, my ears). I am looking for something that I can use to replace them. Amazon is doing a lightning deal on the audio technica ath-m50x tomorrow, so I am considering getting those. 

These headphones will be used and school and wherever I and will be used with either my phone or computer. They will not be connected to an external amp. They need to be noise isolating and preferably have a removable cord. 

any ideas for something that more space for your ears that the LP's? Are the ATH-m50x's bigger or the same size?

I will be using these mainly for movies, and chillstep music. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 2
V-Moda make XL ear pads.  Have you tried them?  I've read that they make a big difference and I will be ordering them for my son to give as a Christmas present, along with a set of LP2s.  As for comfort, Bose over ear (QC15, AE2i, Sound True, etc) are far and away the most comfortable I have ever tried.  Other comfy headphones I like include Sennheiser Momentum and Bower & Wilkins P7.  I'm sure a more experiened member wil chime in with lots of othe recommendations. Good luck. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back