V-Moda Crossfade... Did I get a bad pair?
Feb 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sempersyko

New Head-Fier
So my wifey bought me the Crossfades for xmas and I have been trying to decide if I have a bad pair or not... You see the bass is real nice, but damn, it's at the expense of pretty much everything else. Thye sound really "dark and muffled" to me. I had to download an music EQ app just to make them worth listening to. Then I thought, we'll they can't be that bad, let me compair them to some Skullcandy Aviators. I do not have a high opinion of Skullcandy headphones, but I was shocked at how much better the Aviators sounded compared to the Crossfades. No EQ or anything needed, just really good sound... Hmmm. Made me start to question that maybe there is something wrong with the V-Modas? What are your opinions everyone?

First post, hope I didn't ask a dumb question.

Thanks.  

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 6
Owner of LP2s for about a year and a half now, and you definitely are not hearing incorrectly. Especially in comparison to a headphone like the Aviators (which, in Skullcandy's defense, is a great pair of 'phones), the bass is definitely present but overpowering and very muddy sounding.

Don't get me wrong, there's a reason I've kept my LP2s and I love them for how portable they are and their tank-like build quality, but if you're looking for a balanced sounding headphone, the Aviators, if you liked them, are definitely a worthy contender that shouldn't stray too far outside the same price range of the Crossfades.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 6
Your hearing is fine. Get another pair of headphones or get used to EQing them. (Former Crossfade LP owner). Other than fashion and 'perceived' build quality they are inferior to most other phones in their price range. Especially sonically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Hmmm. Made me start to question that maybe there is something wrong with the V-Modas? What are your opinions everyone?

You just described the sonic characteristic of this headphone, they are not your cup of tea. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for all the replies. It was just after looking at all the positive reviews on Amazon about them, I thought maybe I got a bad pair. REALLY bad muffled sound. Nice looking product though. I am just glad I took a huge chance on the Aviators as I am really enjoying them.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies. It was just after looking at all the positive reviews on Amazon about them, I thought maybe I got a bad pair. REALLY bad muffled sound. Nice looking product though. I am just glad I took a huge chance on the Aviators as I am really enjoying them.

You can try giving the V-modas a 2nd chance and audition another pair, anyways good luck! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back