V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #1,277 of 1,668
V-MODA has always listened to customer feedback and a lot of people complained about the lack of AAC. While I’m happy to see it was added it is a $100 upgrade over the standard CF2W which is on-sale for $249, and the only new feature of the Codex Edition seems to be the (much-welcomed) AAC support.
Nah, the second feature, though it sounds ridiculous, is the added availability of AptX on non-pretentious colors.

Also, still a problem with them not apologizing.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #1,279 of 1,668
Nah, the second feature, though it sounds ridiculous, is the added availability of AptX on non-pretentious colors.

Also, still a problem with them not apologizing.

Yeah, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they didn’t apologize to people who bought CFW1 for false marketing. Still cool to see they did add AAC even if it’s a bit late on this model...

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,280 of 1,668
LOL you go through headphones like Hank Moody goes through women.
Yeah, maybe there's someone I can see for this :L3000:. I had been sitting hear debating the last two days whether I was going to keep the HD1, or get the CF2 back. This made the decision for me. I like the HD1, but they're not as comfortable for me as the CF2W, and I love the portability/cliqfold. Also, don't really need bluetooth as I'll always have the Studio 3 and/or QC35 II.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #1,281 of 1,668
Curious to hear your opinion on this but I really don’t need new headphones right now especially with my Mobius coming in a few weeks.

You make me feel better about my headphone habit though, @Maukey! :)

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,283 of 1,668
Just got these in black.Great bass and overall fantastic sound.Not the biggest soundstage og music seperemants,but good.Like the sound of these better then my b&w px :)
Agreed. I owned the PX briefly. Initially I hated the sound, but read to give it time. I did, and either my ears got use to them, or they did sound better with burn in. But after using the PX exclusively for about week, I went back to my Crossfade II and realized that I liked it's sound much better than the PX.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #1,284 of 1,668
Although the AptX exclusiveness of the Rose Gold disappointed so many people, I think that problem brought its own solution today. I feel like the rose gold has grown on me now, especially after I saw someone wearing it on the bus a few months ago. It was definitely beautiful in real life, and not tacky by any means (although V-MODA’s website and advertising are definitely based on the concept of tackiness). Now I wouldn’t get the matte black anymore, since it’s too cliche for me. Besides, what’s the shame of wearing rose gold today? The newest iPhones still have rose gold, the newest MacBooks still have rose gold. Just my piece of thought hahaha.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #1,285 of 1,668
Curious to hear your opinion on this but I really don’t need new headphones right now especially with my Mobius coming in a few weeks.

You make me feel better about my headphone habit though, @Maukey! :)
I understand. I'm going to settle down here soon. It's just no perfect headphone so I've been on a quest to find the perfect combination for me. I'm going to wait on reviews before I dive into the Mobius.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,286 of 1,668
I understand. I'm going to settle down here soon. It's just no perfect headphone so I've been on a quest to find the perfect combination for me. I'm going to wait on reviews before I dive into the Mobius.

Based on your past experience with CF2W would you recommend the Beats Studio3 or CF2W as a gym headphone?

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #1,287 of 1,668
Okay, time to get visual.

Share or bookmark if you're still interested.

ZKo23P4.png

kkl6I5m

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #1,288 of 1,668
Based on your past experience with CF2W would you recommend the Beats Studio3 or CF2W as a gym headphone?
Honestly, for Gym, the CF2W. They keep your ears cooler because of the vents on the cups. They even have vents on the case so that moisture doesn't stay trapped and smell doesn't build up in your case. Plus, I trust V-moda's build quality over Beats, and the ear pads are replaceable.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,289 of 1,668
Honestly, for Gym, the CF2W. They keep your ears cooler because of the vents on the cups. They even have vents on the case so that moisture doesn't stay trapped and smell doesn't build up in your case. Plus, I trust V-moda's build quality over Beats, and the ear pads are replaceable.

Definitely curious but I’d want to test CF2W first before committing. I know Best Buy carries it but they didn’t have a demo for the original model.

Also, how is the Bluetooth stability in a public place like a gym?

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,290 of 1,668
Okay, time to get visual.

Share or bookmark if you're still interested.

ZKo23P4.png

kkl6I5m

You have your definitive evidence that the original Crossfade Wireless didn’t have the codecs that were advertised on the box and web-site. At this point it’s probably best to move on but I don’t blame you for continuing to post about it since a screw-up like that definitely warrants an apology to owners of Crossfade Wireless I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back