V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #1,246 of 1,668
V-MODA still has a lot of work to do to become king of wireless headphones. High defect rate (in reviews/forums, may not be indicative of total sales but a vocal bunch complain), hissing between songs which is not typical of 2017/2018 Bluetooth, outdated tech, etc.

I’m still very interested in Crossfade Wireless 3 and hope this forum and Val have no hard feelings, but please get your act together V-MODA. Dethrone Sennheiser HD1 and Beats’ Solo series and I’d make V-MODA my wireless headphones of choice in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #1,248 of 1,668
I’m incredibly indecisive, and after reading every page of this thread I still cannot decide between buying the CFW2 or the M100.

I’m looking for something fun that I might also be able to take to the gym occasionally. Wireless is nice but not of utmost importance. I listen to EDM, R&B, and rap 99% of the time, so I love bass.

Based on this, which would better suit me?

M-100 for sure in your case. CF2 sounds amazing but it will have less bass and more everything else.

Mar 19, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #1,250 of 1,668
You can pair to two devices simultaneously, but you can't play audio from both at the same time. Still really convenient, though.

Alright, but does that mean you can keep them connected simultaneously and the headphones can detect from which source audio is coming from? That's multipoint, same thing as e.g. Sennheiser does with the PXC 550 and Momentum Wireless'?

Mar 19, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,251 of 1,668
Alright, but does that mean you can keep them connected simultaneously and the headphones can detect from which source audio is coming from? That's multipoint, same thing as e.g. Sennheiser does with the PXC 550 and Momentum Wireless'?
Yep. If you have Spotify playing on one device and try playing audio on your second device, nothing will happen; but if you pause Spotify and try again, the active device will switch and the second device will start playing.

Mar 19, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #1,252 of 1,668
Yep. If you have Spotify playing on one device and try playing audio on your second device, nothing will happen; but if you pause Spotify and try again, the active device will switch and the second device will start playing.

Thanks for the info!

That's actually not multipoint. What the devices with multipoint can do is switch between the active source and pause the other.

E.g. if you're playing music from Spotify on your phone, the music pauses automatically if you start watching YouTube on another connected device and switches back to Spotify when you quit playing the YouTube flick (wow, that was a long sentence).

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #1,253 of 1,668
Thanks for the info!

That's actually not multipoint. What the devices with multipoint can do is switch between the active source and pause the other.

E.g. if you're playing music from Spotify on your phone, the music pauses automatically if you star watching YouTube on another connected device and switches back to Spotify when you quit playing the YouTube Flickr (wow, that was a lot going sentence).
Yeah, the PX did that and I found it infuriating! As soon as my phone got a notification, the music on my laptop would pause. There were also issues with media automatically resuming after I had paused it manually. It's one of the reasons I chose the CF2 over the PX: the behavior is a lot more predictable. But to each their own.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #1,254 of 1,668
So I’ve been without Bluetooth on my CFW1 for a while. I’m pretty sure it was within a year of the production date but since I bought it BNIB from an individual seller V-Moda didn’t honor the year warranty.
I didn’t bother to waste my time with back and forth emails and decided to use it wired for the mean time while I wait for the means to upgrade to CFW2 via immortal life program.
So today I was considering the exchange but I only get 100 off CFW2s as opposed to 50% off. Paying $230 instead of $165.
So I’ll reach out Monday to see if they can just repair my headphones and how much it will cost to do so

Apr 1, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #1,255 of 1,668
So I’ve been without Bluetooth on my CFW1 for a while. I’m pretty sure it was within a year of the production date but since I bought it BNIB from an individual seller V-Moda didn’t honor the year warranty.
I didn’t bother to waste my time with back and forth emails and decided to use it wired for the mean time while I wait for the means to upgrade to CFW2 via immortal life program.
So today I was considering the exchange but I only get 100 off CFW2s as opposed to 50% off. Paying $230 instead of $165.
So I’ll reach out Monday to see if they can just repair my headphones and how much it will cost to do so

CFW3 can’t be too far off now. I’d just wait for that.

Apr 10, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #1,259 of 1,668
Still a fan of V-MODA’s products, just wish they’d come out with a product that had better Bluetooth specs. I get that they’re an audio company focused on sound quality above all else and that we’ll see next-gen products with time.

Doing a Google search to see what was new with V-MODA I came across this article from 2013:

https://pando.com/2013/11/11/v-moda-obsessed-with-fashion-and-quality-profits-not-so-much/

Val is still the man. It’d be awesome if they went back to crowdsourcing.

In fact I want to apologize for the AAC issue being blown out of proportion. (Though the silent adjustment of Crossfade Wireless I’s codecs wasn’t necessarily acceptable.) Personally I would have purchased if there was AAC support but the lack of AAC seemed to be blown up a bit excessively throughout this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back