V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Jan 8, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #1,231 of 1,668
It's been more than a month and my CFW2 is still awaiting shipment.... V-Moda is going downhill. They don't respond to email either.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #1,232 of 1,668
It's been more than a month and my CFW2 is still awaiting shipment.... V-Moda is going downhill. They don't respond to email either.

I do recall them taking an ridiculous (maybe not a month) amount of time to ship. Just had it marked ready for UPS or whomever certainly frustrating and not professional at all.

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #1,234 of 1,668

Should had went with the beats studio 3 instead... Oh well, too late now.

Plot twist: they release a new one and give you that instead! Pfft, more like I wish. LOL.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #1,235 of 1,668
I have a question to those who own the crossfade 2. My own set hisses when a sound is played and stops about 1 sec after sound i stoped, there is also delays in the sound when tapping in apps and such. Searched the thread but couldnt find much.

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #1,236 of 1,668
I have a question to those who own the crossfade 2. My own set hisses when a sound is played and stops about 1 sec after sound i stoped, there is also delays in the sound when tapping in apps and such. Searched the thread but couldnt find much.
That is a totally normal and expected behavior of Bluetooth headphones.

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #1,238 of 1,668
That is a totally normal and expected behavior of Bluetooth headphones.
My set had a loud hissing too, and I disagree that this is expected: save for the ATH-DSR7BT, none of the other BT headphones I've listened to have had a hiss that was remotely as loud as the Crossfade's. Some people here and on Amazon have mentioned that their units had no hiss at all, or that they exchanged their noisy units for new ones that were quiet, so I've sent mine in for an exchange as well. Will report back once I get the new one in. If it's also noisy, oh well: you can't hear it over anything except very clean piano music. Still annoying, though.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #1,239 of 1,668
Maybe my ears aren't as sensitive as others, but i've never noticed any hissing in my CFW2.

Jan 12, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #1,240 of 1,668
The hissing is only audible when the electronics are on, and for the most part they shut off about a second after sound stops playing. But you can still hear it if you connect the headphones to your laptop, play something on Spotify, and then hit the pause button. (It's much easier to hear at night since there's less ambient noise going around.)

Jan 16, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #1,242 of 1,668
I just received my CFW2 after a months wait, they missed up on the shield, so they'll need another month to send the shield.
But after a few days I'm having issues with the Bluetooth connection, it'll stutter every 5-10 minutes. My phone is a feet away on my desk, and it was doing the same when connected to my Pioneer XDP-30R and PC.

This will likely be my last V-Moda purchase, I will not consider their product in the future. I realized I might had just gotten a dud, but the whole experience is disappointing, especially for the price.
When it comes back from warranty (another month wait) I'm gonna sell it and buy a beats studio 3.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #1,243 of 1,668
So this pertains to the gen 1 CrossFades, has anyone had the entire ear cup pop of the hinges? Mine did yesterday and am curious if this will turn into a constant issue now that it happened once

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #1,245 of 1,668
So this pertains to the gen 1 CrossFades, has anyone had the entire ear cup pop of the hinges? Mine did yesterday and am curious if this will turn into a constant issue now that it happened once

This is by design to protect the headphones from drops. You’re fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back