V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Dec 1, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,216 of 1,668
I own the xs and cf2w and I traded in by video destruction my m100s. Of these headphones I have found the cf2w sound to be the best for me and the classic rock I mostly listen to. I own other headphones too such as the senn 650s and fostex from mass drop. I have owned the shure 1540s as well. (The Senns are great but the open design and the need to amp to shine makes them sometimes harder to use) I do wish the volume would go lower in the wireless mode in the cf2w for sleep purposes. I have found v moda to be a good company to deal with and am also happy they gave me $125 dollars off for destroying my m100s. I have too much going on in my life to get bent out of shape by whatever false advertising some seem to be so hung up on but to each his own. Rock on.
Mike

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #1,219 of 1,668
I hate V-Moda for making me do this to a perfectly good headphone.
20171206_142204.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #1,220 of 1,668
If anyone is interested, Adorama Camera is currently selling the black or white models for 229. The rose gold is selling for 239. Just put them in your cart and use the code: Cyberdeals

Pretty darned good price. I've been stealing my wife's pair the past couple of weeks and really love them now that they've been broken in for a few months. Just placed an order for a pair of my own from Adorama.

Dec 10, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #1,221 of 1,668
Cross-posting from the PX thread, but I wrote up a comparison of the Crossfade II vs. the ATH-DSR7BT, WH‑1000xM2, and Bowers & Wilkins PX if anyone is interested: http://archagon.net/blog/2017/12/08/bluetooth-headphone-sound-off/

Man, I really love how these things sound. The PX has an amazing soundstage for jazz and classical, but electronic music just sounds so much better with the Crossfade. And since I really enjoy listening to both, I'm kind of stuck now...

Always thought I'd be a neutral headphone kinda guy, but that was before I discovered Tipper, Savant, Ott, etc.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,222 of 1,668
Incidentally, does anyone notice a prominent tape-like hiss in Bluetooth mode when your music is paused and over silent passages? I realize all Bluetooth headphones have this to some degree, but the Crossfades seems to have it especially bad. In a quiet room, I'd say mine is audible up to about second 20 in "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". I hope my unit isn't defective.

EDIT: There's a recorded hiss that fades in on "Shine On" so that's not a good comparison. But it's very prominent over silent passages, e.g. classical music.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #1,223 of 1,668
Incidentally, does anyone notice a prominent tape-like hiss in Bluetooth mode when your music is paused and over silent passages? I realize all Bluetooth headphones have this to some degree, but the Crossfades seems to have it especially bad. In a quiet room, I'd say mine is audible up to about second 20 in "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". I hope my unit isn't defective.
I use mine for bluetooth only and have never noticed a hiss between songs.

Dec 11, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #1,225 of 1,668
If you sit in a quiet room, open Spotify, hit play then immediately hit play again to pause the music, there's no hiss or static that you can hear for about a second?
I don't hear a thing, tested several times. I even had my wife listen (she claims my hearing sucks), and she never noticed a hiss either. Note that i have the white pair...I'm guessing that the codec differences wouldn't cause this, but thought I'd mention it.

Dec 11, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #1,226 of 1,668
I don't hear a thing, tested several times. I even had my wife listen (she claims my hearing sucks), and she never noticed a hiss either. Note that i have the white pair...I'm guessing that the codec differences wouldn't cause this, but thought I'd mention it.
Interesting. I don’t think it’s a codec thing since it happens on all my devices and even in the audio feedback right on the headphone. Hmm... maybe RMA time. :frowning2:

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #1,228 of 1,668
Spotify has a crossfade (pun unintended) option that you might have enabled that is playing while you are changing songs

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,229 of 1,668
I’m incredibly indecisive, and after reading every page of this thread I still cannot decide between buying the CFW2 or the M100.

I’m looking for something fun that I might also be able to take to the gym occasionally. Wireless is nice but not of utmost importance. I listen to EDM, R&B, and rap 99% of the time, so I love bass.

Based on this, which would better suit me?

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #1,230 of 1,668
Missed out on BF sale, but still went ahead and got for 300$ and must save I am blown away with its performance, Initially thought the overall bass quantity was less as I was into more bassy headphones/IEM's ( Logitech UE6000, RHA MA750, Sony MH1C) and felt little bit lacking on the bass thump/boom. Though when I A/B'ed with all those and compared, the amount of detailing Crossfade 2 brings is truly amazing, and its not that I am leaving out bass, the double bass thumps and bass guitars still have very good depth and quality. So many nuances and those minute detailing was missed out on my previous gig which Crossfade 2 is bringing up without compromising mids and highs. Balanced signature way to go! Also, feel with burn-in the harshness is coming down with improved bass response.

I got the rose gold one and I have oneplus 5t which supports AptX, I used some FLAC on poweramp and listening to Insomnium, the AptX made a bit of difference, so it is an improvement !

Amped with a Fiio E18, Insomnium One For Sorrow felt so much better with all those minute detailing chipping in. For Rock/Metal, choosing Crossfade 2 is a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back