V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Nov 12, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #1,187 of 1,668
i own M-100 and CFW1. which would be better upgrade to trade for the CFW2?
M-100 has strong bass signature, and is foldable. CF2W is the better overall can, and is also Wireless, therefore CFW1 will be obsolete in your collection, being bested by both the M-100 and CF2W

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #1,188 of 1,668
I don't really like the wastefulness of trade-in programs that aren't geared at refurbishing the product. It said on the V-moda website that the trade-ins are disposed of, which is quite sad for me to read honestly. For the 75 USD I could trade my m80s in for, I'd honestly rather sell them or give them to a friend who could be a budding head fi'er. It feels too tragic to just send them to the trash bin for a credit.

Nov 13, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #1,189 of 1,668
I don't really like the wastefulness of trade-in programs that aren't geared at refurbishing the product. It said on the V-moda website that the trade-ins are disposed of, which is quite sad for me to read honestly. For the 75 USD I could trade my m80s in for, I'd honestly rather sell them or give them to a friend who could be a budding head fi'er. It feels too tragic to just send them to the trash bin for a credit.
Agreed

Nov 13, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #1,190 of 1,668

Unfortunately in today’s throwaway society, convenience is king.
The hassle of sticking stuff on eBay with massive fee’s and the increasing amount of scammers. It’s simple just to get the guaranteed satisfaction.

Nov 13, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,191 of 1,668

Technically V-MODA could refurbish and resell working headphones but:

A) the cost to refurbish a used pair of headphones can end up costing about as much as the cost of manufacturing a new pair

B) reselling them refurbished in this manner could devalue existing headphones

C) Alternatively, they could donate them to charities, schools, music programs, etc but that also costs money despite the good will it would generate.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #1,192 of 1,668
I'm not saying anyone is a bad person for taking advantage of these programs either. I know with donations, no one wants to be the recipient of someone else's trash, so there has to be a standard with donations in general, which would add more difficulty to the company, so I understand why they might not do that.

I think it's more of a decision to be made by the headphone's owner. I like the CFW2, and if I end up getting one soon, I would probably sell the m80 on here or give them to my sister. (I understand that the m80 trade in is only for upgrades to the XS, but the feeling remains the same)

I was just expressing a general sentiment lamenting the disposable vs durable goods conundrum

Nov 29, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,194 of 1,668
It's been a while so I thought I would check back to the thread and see if you guys were able to ever move past the V-Moda is shady and deceptive, lied to me and won't answer questions, to finally talking about the fact that these are the real deal. It got real old when I was the only one here saying anything positive about these. My review has had I think over 5k views so at least others have interest.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #1,195 of 1,668
It's been a while so I thought I would check back to the thread and see if you guys were able to ever move past the V-Moda is shady and deceptive, lied to me and won't answer questions, to finally talking about the fact that these are the real deal. It got real old when I was the only one here saying anything positive about these. My review has had I think over 5k views so at least others have interest.
Why bother?

V-MODA destroyed a part of its own reputation by disinforming people on the product sheet/covering it up, sure, but the biggest problem is...

V-MODA Crossfade 2 is nowhere as good and reasonable at price/performance ratio as other headphones on the market in the same category.

For wired lifestyle headphones, M-100 is reasonably priced and still really great. Not to mention a thousand of other options.

For wireless options, we have better sounding headphones with better codec support. Including, but not limited to, Sony headphones (1000X, 1000XM2 and their cheaper versions), B&W (P7 and the new PX), NAD HP70 is about to be released soon, Sennheiser will probably update Momentum next year. Not to mention a ton of fashion headphones that also have AptX as base, AAC and AptX HD sometimes.

There is just no reason to go for V-MODA anymore besides the branding aspect (shields are cool). They can change it with CFW3, if they will survive, but that's probably late 2018 at best.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,197 of 1,668
What did V-Moda lie about?
Nothing...not one thing. People like Yaroslav have felt it necessary to perpetuate a non issue. Again, if something is not listed in the specs why would you assume it is in the product?

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #1,198 of 1,668
Nothing...not one thing. People like Yaroslav have felt it necessary to perpetuate a non issue. Again, if something is not listed in the specs why would you assume it is in the product?
"People like Yaroslav" would be all the users of head-fi.

V-MODA lied about AAC support with Crossfade Wireless 1. It's on the forums. It was also on the product page, internet archive to help you.

After people could prove CFW1 did not support AAC, V-MODA changed their website and disappeared from the forums. Half of this thread is related to discussing the issue.

But again, does not change the fact that CFW2 is a flop regardless of that issue.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,199 of 1,668
Why bother?

V-MODA destroyed a part of its own reputation by disinforming people on the product sheet/covering it up, sure, but the biggest problem is...

V-MODA Crossfade 2 is nowhere as good and reasonable at price/performance ratio as other headphones on the market in the same category.

For wired lifestyle headphones, M-100 is reasonably priced and still really great. Not to mention a thousand of other options. If you want a bass bloated signature...yes it is great.

For wireless options, we have better sounding headphones with better codec support. Including, but not limited to, Sony headphones (1000X, 1000XM2 and their cheaper versions), B&W (P7 and the new PX), NAD HP70 is about to be released soon, Sennheiser will probably update Momentum next year. Not to mention a ton of fashion headphones that also have AptX as base, AAC and AptX HD sometimes. A wired headphone first, wireless second, most wired don't even offer wireless as a secondary connection

There is just no reason to go for V-MODA anymore besides the branding aspect (shields are cool). They can change it with CFW3, if they will survive, but that's probably late 2018 at best.

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #1,200 of 1,668
A wired headphone first, wireless second, most wired don't even offer wireless as a secondary connection

Well, that is because it's an answer to the question nobody really asked. Not to be overly negative about this, it happens way to often with innovative products. I just don't see a selling point for it—all of my non-audiophile friends who want a wireless headset, want it wireless only, no exceptions. For me, it looks like the "primarily on wire" decision is to smoothen some of the product's downsides, which shows.

It is a unique approach and I would probably buy CFW2 if it had all the proper codecs and Val came here to adress the codec shenanigans, as he did in the first place with CFW1. But no such thing happens, and that is okay, since we have a ton of really good wireless options now on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back