V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
May 3, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #812 of 1,668
You gotta figure, if it had AAC, he would've said it, or would've been advertised on the box. So I would assume it's only SBC except the black/copper version. (I think that sounds better then rose gold)

May 3, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #814 of 1,668
You gotta figure, if it had AAC, he would've said it, or would've been advertised on the box. So I would assume it's only SBC except the black/copper version. (I think that sounds better then rose gold)

I think the black/copper is the rose gold correct? It's also the only version with aptx?

May 3, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #815 of 1,668
I think the black/copper is the rose gold correct? It's also the only version with aptx?
Yes my review should be up either today or tomorrow at least by the end of the week.

May 3, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #817 of 1,668
So now 2 people I've showed the CF II to have liked the M100 better. The second guy actually preferred the ATH-m50x to the M100, and the CF II last.

Huh.

EDIT: So now the guy likes the M100 better, and the ATH-m50x is being returned. Now he's going to compare the M100 to the CF II again and make a determination from there.

May 3, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #818 of 1,668
EDIT: So now the guy likes the M100 better, and the ATH-m50x is being returned. Now he's going to compare the M100 to the CF II again and make a determination from there.
I've been using both this week (wife has the CF2W and I have a new M100) and I very much prefer the M100 sound signature. When they sell the CF2W stock pads separately, I'll be buying those for my M100.

May 3, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #819 of 1,668
May 4, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #820 of 1,668
It will come down to the signature you enjoy. My advice is to listen to the M -100 for an extended period. The CF2W is by far the most balanced V-MODA yet. After a while with the M-100 the sound became bass fatiguing and I longed for more detail and treble. The CR2W is the first V-MODA, in my opinion, to deliver the desire of some critical listening as well as the fun V-MODA sound.

Ike I am attempting to get an answer for sure but I concur with Spider at this point.

May 4, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #821 of 1,668
According to the V-Moda product page, all electronics are switched off when a cable is connected, so they don't fool around with DSPs shaping the sound -- one of my reasons to use their wireless models.

As @subguy812 said, the M-100 can have a bit too much bass and not enough details over time. The CF2 is much more balanced. I can understand if someone likes the M-100 due to its more bass-pronounced signature, but to me the new model is just about perfect: while still fun and engaging it offers much more details and more realistic voices

May 4, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #823 of 1,668
According to the V-Moda product page, all electronics are switched off when a cable is connected, so they don't fool around with DSPs shaping the sound -- one of my reasons to use their wireless models.

As @subguy812 said, the M-100 can have a bit too much bass and not enough details over time. The CF2 is much more balanced. I can understand if someone likes the M-100 due to its more bass-pronounced signature, but to me the new model is just about perfect: while still fun and engaging it offers much more details and more realistic voices

As someone who prefers a neutral/balanced signature with a dash of warmth, I find the CF2's quite warm with a punchy mid bass and sub bass that can slam and extends DEEP down to the depths. Decay on both is nice and tidy so as not to clutter detail-which I enjoy and prefer. I think what bassheads may be missing is the long decay of bass rumble that bleeds into the rest of the sound. Thankfully to my tastes the CF2 does not have this, I'll take detail any day over bass bleed. If I want an undetailed bassy sound I'll put on my wifes beats and then quickly take them off a few minutes later because I can't take it anymore.

:beyersmile:

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #824 of 1,668
I would agree the bass decay on the M-100 is the culprit regarding bleed in the lower mids and obscuring the details. The M-100 will give a foot tapping fun sound for the short term.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back